Beall buffing and beads

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a question for those of you that have the Beall or a similar buffing system. This looks like a perfect tool to "sand" delecate things like beads. Do any of you use the buffing system for this? If so, how far do you sand before employing the buffing system?

Thanks for any info.

keithz

I have the Beall on-lathe three wheel system and have found that it is fine for smaller items, but the wheels are too close together for bowls and such.

To answer your question, I sand to 400 before using tripoli on the 1st wheel. If the wood is light, I then move to white diamond on the middle wheel, and then move to carnuba wax on the last wheel for all woods. I don't use white diamond on dark woods because the white diamond gets into the grain and it looks terrible.

keithz

byounghusband

I built my own system using just the Beall wheels. I put the Tripoli and WD on one piece of all-thread that goes between my jacobs chuck and tail stock. A bit more room than the 3 wheel system, My Carnuba wheel is on the original bolt that it came with from Beall and I fit that into the Jacobs chuck as well.

I sand 240, 320, 400 and 600 grit use CA/BLO and run it through all three wheels. Even the WD, since the CA fills in the grain on dark woods.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom