Bash Prizes

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

maxwell_smart007

Lead Moderator
Staff member
middle of nowhere in the great, white North
Just wondering if anyone would like to donate a prize or two tho the IAP Birthday Bash - we're looking for prizes of $25 value or higher, and you may be asked to ship it internationally, if the prize is won by someone overseas.

We often have boxes of blanks, etc. which are used as prizes for games such as the trivia contest.

Please let me know if you'd like to donate anything, and I'll put it on the list. You can send me a PM with a rough idea of what you'd like to donate (i.e Box of blanks), the value ($25 or higher, please - to give everyone a fair shot at a good prize), and you'll get the details of the winner in February.

Thanks in advance on behalf of the Birthday Bash planning team, and the winners of your prizes! :)

Andrew

maxwell_smart007

Lead Moderator
Staff member
Thank you to all who have replied thus far for your donations. I have all those listed above recorded - Vanngo5d, I put you down for two Boxes of Blanks (as you said a couple).

Could I please ask that any further offers to donate go to my PM inbox, so I can make sure that none get lost? :)

Thank you very much!

Andrew

PR_Princess

Could I please ask that any further offers to donate go to my PM inbox,

Andrew

Hmmm Andrew.... didn't Jeff just increase your PM box to 1500 messages? Now wouldn't it be cool, if for the Big 10th Anniversary, we could perhaps fill that up??? :devil:

(You know me, anything I can do to help Andrew!!!!:tongue::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:)

BTW PM sent.

vanngo5d

Thank you to all who have replied thus far for your donations. I have all those listed above recorded - Vanngo5d, I put you down for two Boxes of Blanks (as you said a couple).

Could I please ask that any further offers to donate go to my PM inbox, so I can make sure that none get lost? :)

Thank you very much!

Andrew

:eek::eek: Before I'm in too deep and will be casting till the 2015 bash . A couple of boxes is about 12 blanks total of my custom casting. I will do a mix of Cigar bands, Industrial Metal, and a special one. You can split it however you want.
Thanks,

jeff

Administrator
Staff member
Could I please ask that any further offers to donate go to my PM inbox,

Andrew

Hmmm Andrew.... didn't Jeff just increase your PM box to 1500 messages? Now wouldn't it be cool, if for the Big 10th Anniversary, we could perhaps fill that up??? :devil:

(You know me, anything I can do to help Andrew!!!!:tongue::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:)

BTW PM sent.

Mods have 2000 :biggrin:

Scott

Andrew!

You're still drumming up prizes for the Bash? I love that! And I would be honored if you would accept a prize donation from me. You are the best, my friend!

Scott.

SDB777

I have already made plans to send about $175-ish worth of 'stuff' to Jeff. I am waiting for the Christmas holiday to be over to send the two USPS Priority Mail boxes I have ready.

I didn't forget...just don't want the boxes in the 'pile-of-mail' during the holiday:wink:

Scott (Happy upcoming Bash) B

maxwell_smart007

Lead Moderator
Staff member
Just a reminder - please let me know the value of your prize when you donate if it's well in excess of $25. We ask that all prizes are at least $25 in value (so as to be a single prize without having to combine).

As well, if it's well in excess of that (i.e. an entire set of pen blanks salvaged from the Captain's cabin of the Titanic, hand-selected by James Cameron, while he was filming Avatar 3 on his iPhone 6s and simultaneously podcasting with the Loch Ness monster(who was on vacation at Cannes, screening the explosive documentary on who really shot JFK), then please let me know that as well, so I can pass that on to the prize team! :)

Last edited:

jeff

Administrator
Staff member
I have already made plans to send about $175-ish worth of 'stuff' to Jeff. I am waiting for the Christmas holiday to be over to send the two USPS Priority Mail boxes I have ready.

I didn't forget...just don't want the boxes in the 'pile-of-mail' during the holiday:wink:

Thanks, Scott! Boxes always get special attention at my house. Envelopes not so much :biggrin:

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Just a reminder - please let me know the value of your prize when you donate if it's well in excess of $25. We ask that all prizes are at least $25 in value (so as to be a single prize without having to combine).

As well, if it's well in excess of that (i.e. an entire set of pen blanks salvaged from the Captain's cabin of the Titanic, hand-selected by James Cameron, while he was filming Avatar 3 on his iPhone 6s and simultaneously podcasting with the Loch Ness monster(who was on vacation at Cannes, screening the explosive documentary on who really shot JFK), then please let me know that as well, so I can pass that on to the prize team! :)

I think that one should be in the auctions, Andrew!! Smitty will go nuts!!

SDB777

Thanks, Scott! Boxes always get special attention at my house. Envelopes not so much :biggrin:

One of the boxes might be quite heavy....just warning you. Okay, maybe both will be:wink:

I don't like those envelopes either! Always seem to be wanting you to mail something back(as well as a check).....ECK!

Scott (it's too cold to sawmill now) B

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
I will be donating some pen kits, I am working on the designs and types.
one will be extra special.

Buzzzz4

Just to get my donation recorded here as well. 8 blanks of my various castings which the recipient can choose colors and materials valued at $112. And a special auction item if so desired.

maxwell_smart007

Lead Moderator
Staff member
I'm going to sound like a broken-record here, but many of the contests in the Bash require prizes, and many of these have been traditionally been provided as Boxes of Blanks sent from one member to another - in addition to raising money to support the site, the BASH is a great opportunity for our membership to build the sense of community that makes it a great place to visit.

While we're starting to get a good selection of prizes, we need more boxes of blanks if you want to have as many contests and prizes as we've had in years past (including daily trivia winners) - so if you want to help out, and are thinking about how nice it would be to bring joy to another member during the Bash, please consider donating a box of blanks! :)

(just remember, we don't know who may win your prize, or where in the world they may be!) :)

gimpy

I'm going to sound like a broken-record here, but many of the contests in the Bash require prizes, and many of these have been traditionally been provided as Boxes of Blanks sent from one member to another - in addition to raising money to support the site, the BASH is a great opportunity for our membership to build the sense of community that makes it a great place to visit.

While we're starting to get a good selection of prizes, we need more boxes of blanks if you want to have as many contests and prizes as we've had in years past (including daily trivia winners) - so if you want to help out, and are thinking about how nice it would be to bring joy to another member during the Bash, please consider donating a box of blanks! :)

(just remember, we don't know who may win your prize, or where in the world they may be!) :)

When you say a box, is there a certain number of blanks expected ?

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager

When you say a box, is there a certain number of blanks expected ?

Usually it is a small flat rate box. This will hold 11-12 blanks, if they are just over 3/4" (most common blank size). However, if they are over 5.5" long, the box only holds about 6. So, kinda depends what you are using to fill the box!!:biggrin::biggrin:

maxwell_smart007

Lead Moderator
Staff member
Not at all, Gimpy - all we ask is that you estimate it's value to be at least $25 (quite easy with blanks).

It could be a larger box of cheap blanks, a small box of cool blanks, an envelope of interesting blanks, a handful of unique and valuable blanks, etc - your prize, i.e. your decision and your discretion! Just make something you think another member might be happy to receive if they happen to win a daily triva contest or the like!

Heck, we all like blanks, and we all have blanks that others may not have - so it's a free-for all for whatever you'd like to come up with.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
BTW, to further clarify the cost involved---a small flat rate to Canada is $20, to the rest of the world is $25.

IN ADDITION, you CAN use a video box, which is a little larger (extra inch high and long, about a half inch wider---adds LOTS of blanks, because you can have two "side-by-side") for INTERNATIONAL SMALL FLAT RATE. The SAME box can be shipped in the USA, but it is NOT flat rate, so postage can get pricey ($10+) if travelling across country.

Andrew I can donate a watch parts pen blank. I can make the winners choice, Jr, Sierra, or Aero. Mickey Mouse, Betty Boop, Bugs Bunny, or regular watch face. Paint or carbon fiber base the winner gets to make the decisions. It should be worth $25, of course since it based on the winners picks it won't be ready to mail the day they win.

Mike

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
Probably everyone knows this already, but I'll mention it anyway -- When I'm sending a SFRB of blanks, I like to put the box inside a flat rate padded envelope. It's a little cheaper than the SFRB rate and I can cram a few more blanks around the box if I want to. You have to order the padded envelopes from USPS, but they are free.
FWIW
Ed

Top Bottom