Bash Prizes

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Sylvanite

B... you CAN use a video box, which is a little larger (extra inch high and long, about a half inch wider---adds LOTS of blanks, because you can have two "side-by-side") for INTERNATIONAL SMALL FLAT RATE. The SAME box can be shipped in the USA, but it is NOT flat rate, so postage can get pricey ($10+) if travelling across country.
For cheaper postage, the priority mail video box (box 1096) will fit inside a priority mail flat-rate envelope (especially a padded flat-rate envelope). Then it ships at the same price as the small flat-rate box.

I hope that helps,
Eric

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
B... you CAN use a video box, which is a little larger (extra inch high and long, about a half inch wider---adds LOTS of blanks, because you can have two "side-by-side") for INTERNATIONAL SMALL FLAT RATE. The SAME box can be shipped in the USA, but it is NOT flat rate, so postage can get pricey ($10+) if travelling across country.
For cheaper postage, the priority mail video box (box 1096) will fit inside a priority mail flat-rate envelope (especially a padded flat-rate envelope). Then it ships at the same price as the small flat-rate box.

I hope that helps,
Eric

Careful Eric---OUR post office will not accept it in a flat rate envelope. However, they WILL accept it in the padded flat rate. Every post office has their own rules---that silly document from the UNITED STATES postal service means nothing if the local postmaster disagrees in the interpretation. Of course I CAN go 10 miles down the road and get a different interpretation (which I like better).

As someone who has worked at a place that receives a lot of packages packed from all kinds of people I can tell you that a lot of times when a box is put in an envelope the envelope is the only thing that makes it. Heavy boxes with pointed corners will tear the flat rate envelopes.

PTownSubbie

As someone who has worked at a place that receives a lot of packages packed from all kinds of people I can tell you that a lot of times when a box is put in an envelope the envelope is the only thing that makes it. Heavy boxes with pointed corners will tear the flat rate envelopes.

That's why you use a lot of clear packing tape around the edges and corners! :biggrin:

gimpy

Not at all, Gimpy - all we ask is that you estimate it's value to be at least $25 (quite easy with blanks).

It could be a larger box of cheap blanks, a small box of cool blanks, an envelope of interesting blanks, a handful of unique and valuable blanks, etc - your prize, i.e. your decision and your discretion! Just make something you think another member might be happy to receive if they happen to win a daily triva contest or the like!

Heck, we all like blanks, and we all have blanks that others may not have - so it's a free-for all for whatever you'd like to come up with.

Ok, put me in for a box, $50.00 value

maxwell_smart007

Lead Moderator
Staff member
middle of nowhere in the great, white North
A heartfelt THANK YOU to all those who have stepped forward to donate a prize for the BASH so far - your generousity is what makes this forum great!

The BASH is a great community building event, and it's wonderful to see people giving prizes to be won by other members.

If you do decide to donate, thank you very much! If you win a prize, please make sure to send a personal thank you to the member who donated the prize which you won.

We can always use more - the more prizes, the bigger the bash, and the happier the membership! :)

Andrew

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
Andrew, I'm sure I told you that I would donate some prizes but don't remember exactly what I said and can't find it - will you send me a PM with what I said I'd give. And before you people start laughing remember this - if you're lucky someday you too will be as my wife puts it "older than dirt".
A heartfelt THANK YOU to all those who have stepped forward to donate a prize for the BASH so far - your generousity is what makes this forum great!

The BASH is a great community building event, and it's wonderful to see people giving prizes to be won by other members.

If you do decide to donate, thank you very much! If you win a prize, please make sure to send a personal thank you to the member who donated the prize which you won.

We can always use more - the more prizes, the bigger the bash, and the happier the membership! :)

Andrew

Last edited:

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam

I hope that helps,
Eric
Additionally - since USPS started 'zoning', for priority mail addresses pretty close to you can acutally find it a little cheaper to go just priority mail then flat rate for up to about 1 pound. Also the regional flat rate box A will hold more bulk and can be only a few cents more than SFRB for some zones.

maxwell_smart007

Lead Moderator
Staff member
middle of nowhere in the great, white North
Perfect!

And thanks for the BUMP in this thread.

Remember, all prizes are donated directly to your other members - so think of this as a massive 'prize in the hat', where everyone gets their name in the hat - so the more prizes we have, the more happy members at the end of the bash! :)

edicehouse

All right waiting for paper work so I can finish work for the day, so this might get dangerous.

Attachments

• 6162n.jpg
    6162n.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 90
Top Bottom