Bash Assignments

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

DocStram

Once we've decided on the Bash Calendar and the list of Events ........ let's start assigning activities to Bash Team Members. That way we'll be able to see if we need more volunteers and for what areas. After deciding on who will run which activity, we'll then be able to start working on the rules for each event. Don't forget to look down in the 2008 Bash Planning thread to see what we did last year and how we might want to change it.

Andrew .... maybe you missed my pm .... have you thought about how many helpers you'll need and who we should ask?

Cav ... my thinking is that as Bash Meister you shouldn't take a specific job or event to run. You'll be over seeing the total operation and looking for hot spots that need put out ... sort of the head honcho trouble shooter.

Scott .... you ran the Ugly Pen Contest last year, right? Do you want first dibs on it?

Who else wants to do what?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Scott

Hi Al,

I would love to run the Ugly Pen Contest again, unless somebody else has their heart set on it! I have lots of experience with ugly pens, maybe even too much! My card should read "Have Ugly Pens, Will Travel (especially if being chased)". Why, I can make an ugly pen without even thinking, which may be part of my problem, the not thinking! So there's my resume. Heck, I might even be over-qualified!

I would also be willing to help Andrew, but I can tell you from last year, he's much more of a go-getter than I am. But I'll pitch in where needed.

Scott.

maxwell_smart007

Lead Moderator
Staff member
middle of nowhere in the great, white North
I'm pretty flexible, Al, as far as who wants to do what...I don't think I'll have the time in February to do what I did last year (track down each winner and get their info sent to the supplier)...so if we could divide that task up a bit, that would be appreciated...

wdcav1952

Activities Manager Emeritus
New Calendar

This is the new calendar I have worked up with a few more details than the first.

Please, any specific feedback as to dates and contests, when we start announcing contests that will take longer to complete an entry and so forth will be appreciated. Once we decide on everything, I will get started with the cheerleading posts.

Also, I will take the job of getting addresses and such from the winners.

Attachments

• 2009 Bash Calendar.pdf
    32.9 KB · Views: 120

Randy_

I pretty much made all of the mistakes that could be made last year during my stint in the Trivia Contest so I ought to be able to get it right this year?? It would be my preference, Al, to do the Trivia thing again this year; but, if a need arises in another area that I can help with, I will certainly do whatever is needed.​

wdcav1952

Activities Manager Emeritus
Bob, that sounds good since I finally read the post explaining the contest. We can add it in without a problem, but perhaps we need to see if we will get enough prizes donated to cover the winners.

Scott

Yes, this is not the best time of year to ask for donations. Just because it's busy. After Christmas should be much better. All we need to do is ask. Most of the people we penturners buy from have pretty good ties to this group. They know we're not just some fly-by-night outfit, and they will donate when asked. We just need to show them the respect of asking, and being appreciative! In the past the number of prizes has not been a real problem, because if an extra prize or twenty is needed, we ask and are able to fill up those empty slots pretty quickly. Also, don't play down the ability of our membership to donate whatever prizes you may need to fill in around the vendor donated prizes. We have a pretty generous group!

I really liked the Pen and Penturner contest, and am glad to see it coming around again this year!

Scott.

Top Bottom