Proposed Bash Calendar

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

wdcav1952

Activities Manager Emeritus
I tried to send this to some of you last night, but Al said it wouldn't open for him. Let me try it as a pdf attachment here and see if it works. I didn't put end dates on most of the contests as I wanted your input.

Also, should we give advance notice for some of the contests that might take longer to finish an entry?

The attachment is not as clear as the original, but it is readable if you zoom in a bit.

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

fiferb

You don't have a Daily Trivia on the 28th. Was this on purpose? I think some of the pen making needs to be announced in January. Especially if there is a club collaboration. Perhaps even the segmentation. The others should be enough time.

wdcav1952

Activities Manager Emeritus
Those were the ones I had in mind, Bruce. Perhaps also the New Turner contest should be announced early as well.

As regards the 28th, I figured that the donation drawing and other contests would dominate that day. Anyway, we would be into March to announce the winner of the 28th contest. However the trivia meisters want it is wonderful with me.

MesquiteMan

Retired Head Moderator
I would still like to see a best pen photo contest. It would encourage folks to work harder on their photos. I think it would be best to have some special contest each week rather than just the daily trivia and weekly blank ID contest.

Scott

It is good to spread things out throughout the month. We want to keep excitement high the whole month. It is good to have contests of varying durations ending at different times just to keep people going. The contests that require some time to make something can be announced as early as you like to give people time.

I am also heartened to see the ugly pen contest still in the line-up. I am particularly fond of that contest, and if nobody else wants it, I would love to run it again!

As far as judging, I have found it bet to keep the judges secret. Less hassle that way.

Scott.

maxwell_smart007

Lead Moderator
Staff member
middle of nowhere in the great, white North
The ugly pen contest was quite interesting last year, as was the featured pen contest and the liar's club...

One of the issues we had with the featured pen contest was that one of the winners hadn't logged on to the forum since October, and didn't respond to claim his prize, so we had to give it to the runner-up...

I really like the idea of a product review contest, with Al in charge as the grand-pubah of the product reviews. This might give the product review subforum a good jump start - but it takes time to produce a compelling review, so it might need to start early and last all month if it's going to occur...

We also had a penturner's challenge last year...I don't think many participated, but the results were neat. If it were to happen again, it would be nice to see it as a 'qualified drawing', in that everyone who completes a pen of the required design (two-tone segmented, zebrawood streamline, plexi finish, etc.) in the time period would enter a draw, and the winner picked by that method...that might get more people involved instead of fearing the 'expert' segementers taking all the prizes. Would a casting contest be too difficult?

I'm just tossing ideas around here...feel free to destroy them! :wink:

maxwell_smart007

Lead Moderator
Staff member
middle of nowhere in the great, white North
Have there been enough new articles in the library to justify a 'best new article' contest? Or perhaps a 'best overall' article? Most annoying penturner? :wink: Messiest-to-best: a Before-and-after best workshop cleaning? (because that's what it'll take to tackle mine!)

Ok, back to work!

Andrew

Top Bottom