Arizona get-together/turn-a-thon

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

airrat

I know we discussed this over the summer and everyone wanted to wait till it cooled off. I changed jobs and work weekends now. HOWEVER, in Janurary I have found a way to have some Saturdays off. Would anyone be interested in a day in Janurary. I would really like to get together with you all and turn a few pens for the FP. I still plan on giving some corian to people to turn into FPs.

PenWorks

Tom, I think the best thing to do is pick a place, myplace , yours or whoever's, then pick a date towards the end of January. Then it will be up to those who want to come to rearrange our schedules to be there. Trying to find a date to accomadate everyone just doesn't work.

airrat

Ok I have an offer for the 21st Jan. Ill let them post about it. Anyone who is interested would you preferr to keep in touch via emails or through the board.

dubdrvrkev

Well I suppose I could miss one woodturners association meeting, and replace with a wood turning meeting. [;)] Do we have a meeting place yet? I can volunteer my shop, but I only have one lathe right now but room for people to bring 3 or 4 more minis. If Mike can get a day pass, maybe he can roll his lathe station down so we could have two sharpening stations also.

PenWorks

Kevin, I offered up my place in an e mail to Tom for Jan 21st. I have 2 lathes and the Legacy Mill and plenty of room for anyone wanting to bring their mini's to set up. I know some folks, Don in Phx and Bev wanted to cast some snake skins, so I figured we can do some casting as well. I am not that centrally located, but who really is. My place is 20 minutes north of the 101 from either the Scottsdale Rd or Cave Creek Rd exit going North to Cave Creek.

vick

Same as Kevin, I would guess that Anthony's place is at least 1 1/2 hours from me. Translation I will not make it.

PenWorks

That is why I did not post anything for sure. I knew several of you guys were in Chandler, Gilbert, Mesa.....So what is the next option ???? I don't mind driving...
Hell, I'll drive to BB if he offers [:D]

vick

If Kevin's offer for his place is still open, I could either roll my stuff over or we could split in our 2 garages (we are right across the street from each other). But I will have to say Kevin and I are out in the boonies.
I say we vote Tom as leader of this and let him decide wher we should have it. Maybe he will start a survey[:D]

airrat

Right now I see interested in this is
Anthony(pen works), Mike(vick),Kevin(dubdrvkev), Don(don in phx), Robert(Hastur/ my brother no post but I know he will want to go) and me. Right now 4 of the 6 are east valley. Maybe it would be best to do it in that area, also having the 2 garages so close to each other might be good if we can get more to come.

need to know:
-any other zonies interested?
-who all would be interested in some corian? I would send it to you so you can prep it. preferr it to be donated to FP but I am generous with it too.
-anyone interested in eating with this?

airrat

I would make sure it is environmentaly safe corian[}:)]

Kevin you mentioned the 21st was the turners meeting. Would one week earlier be better?

Easysport

I may be interested. I'm up here in Prescott Valley. I'm sure I could learn a lot from you guys/gals by just watching. Maybe a day or two out of the cold would due me good and the better half could shop. This could get costly.[:(]

dubdrvrkev

The AWA meets the third saturday of (almost) every month, that date (1/22) is not yet on the website but I assume it will be that day. I can do either day, AFAIK, although I haven't mentioned it to swmbo.

Edit for day, not sure why I had thursday in there.[B)]

Well guys, I'm up here freezing my touchie off in Michigan right now and any place that is warm sounds inviting! However I'll opt for the Gilbert area as that is only 1 1/2 hrs from home and CC is a weekend trip almost! I'd be happy to bring a cake for dessert! I really would like someone to help me with sharpening tools also. Just let me know the details and I'll be there!

dubdrvrkev

Not that I'm an expert, but I'd be happy to grind some steel off your tools for you. I have a wolverine with varigrind and skew attachments so we should be able to sharpen about anything you need.
Tom, if they are both open the 14th works better for me, but I'm not married to it.

ldimick

I think my class is from the 16th through the 19th. I need to make a trip up to Prescott on the 15th, so I might be able to make it a day early on the 14th. I'll know for certain next week.

airrat

Hey all sorry been sick and at work.
Ok with the 14th as far as I know.

Lets get a call of everyone that can make it. Also need to know who would like some corian to turn into pens for the FPP.

PenWorks

Okay, barring the unforseen, I am there, just e mail me an address and time. Will bring the Legacy Mill with me if anyone wants to make some twist pens.

vick

I am in. Tom if you bring some extra corian maybe we can work a little trade. I am not really interested in it for pens but homemade bushings, and pen mill adapters and such.

airrat

sure Vick if color is not an issue I can bring you a nice piece of it you can cut to whatever you need.

Bev I am glad to see your coming. Want to talk to you on corian and such. (gluing up)

So we have a place and date, but what time?

dubdrvrkev

Is anyone planning on bringing a lathe? How many should we try to get here?

Tom, I'd like to do a few FPP pens. So count me in for a little Corian, if you would.

As far as time goes, do we want to start around 10:00 so the travellers don't have to leave early and we can get plenty of turning and talking done before it cools off in the eve and have some lunch somewhere in there too. It doesn't have to stop then, we can make a party out of it as far as I'm concerned. [:D][8D]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom