Arizona get-together/turn-a-thon

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

woodwish

Wow, this really sounds like fun but I don't think I can justify a trip all the way from Florida right now. To far to drive and still get to work that week [;)]. Turn one for me! I'll turn a few here and think about you guys, maybe even toast you with a cold one when we finish [8D]

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

airrat

I can bring a lathe. Either on a stand or table just let me know.
10 am is good for me. With it going to be 80 this weekend, looks like its going to be a tanning christmas.

airrat

The date is Jan 14th at 10 am - his wife kicking us out. I will get an email to all with his address.

Kevin is letting us raid his place. He just told me he is hiding all his ornament stock and bowl supplies. (wouldnt want to corrupt us pen turners)[:D] Better known as cleaning the shop.

Lets plan on a potluck for the day. Bring finger foods to munch on. Kevin has a BBQ he offered(hope its still good) If so can bring easy to grill items.

So we can get an idea of how many, here is who I am seeing:
Anthony(pen works), Mike(vick),Kevin(dubdrvkev), Don(don in phx), Robert(Hastur), Easysport, Bev, Ldimick, and me. If not on this list please let us know so we can get enough lathes and space. The more people the funner day we can have.

Dario

Sounds like it will be a fun day...I envy you guys, wish I can just drive and join you! [:D].

Maybe the Texans will do something similar but problem is Texas itself is too big! Last one I joined, I have to drive 3 hours each way! [:D]

dubdrvrkev

Yep BBQ is open for business.
Cleaning up will mostly be getting rid of the piles of chips and a little re-arranging so more than one person can work at a time. But thanks for reminding me to hide the goods. [;)]
Dario, its a quick flight [;)]

dubdrvrkev

Okay heres the latest. I was informed that I have a wedding to go to the evening of the 14th. So what we decided was to open the shop an hour earlier and we'll wrap up around 3. So 9-3 still on the 14th is the GTG time. I think we should be able to do plenty of damage in 6 hours. Tom (airrat) has my address so email myself or him to get it, since I really don't really want to post it. Let me know if you want directions or if mapquest is okay.

PenWorks

I see what you are doing......trying to avoid paying overtime [:D]
Still plan on being there, shoot me your address. Since we are going to knock off earlly, I just may visit my aunty in Sun Lakes and have time to play 9 holes [8D]

airrat

Make sure to send either Kevin or I an email for his address.

Heading over to his place today to make sure he has his "stock" put away. [:D] If not I am sure I can help him [:eek:)]

So here is a break down again
Place : Kevin's (send either him or I email for address)
Time: Sat Jan 14th from 9-3
Remember to bring something to have for a Lunch potluck. Kevin said we can use his BBQ.

PenWorks

Just a note to bring your cash !! I am packing up some discountinued pen kits I don't make any more, blanks, a pen press , drill vise and some other goodies that are taking up space. [:p] In case anybody wants to buy them, the price will be right.

vick

Originally posted by airrat
<br />
Remember to bring something to have for a Lunch potluck. Kevin said we can use his BBQ.

Hey everyone if you can shoot me an e-mail with what food you are planning to bring. I will try to fill in the blanks so we dont have 12 bags of chips, or hot dogs with out buns or something.

dubdrvrkev

Good idea, or just post what you are bringing so we can all figure it out. I'll have soda's and water in the fridge.

Do any of you like spicy food?

vick

so far we have
Kevin - for beverages
Anthony - for pasta salad
Robert - for hot dogs
I think Bev said she was bringing a cake.

dubdrvrkev

I was going to make some "tuna boats" also if anyone will eat them. They are basically jalapenos, tuna and cheese. So if you like peppers they're good but a little warm.

vick

Originally posted by dubdrvrkev
<br />I was going to make some "tuna boats" also if anyone will eat them. They are basically jalapenos, tuna and cheese. So if you like peppers they're good but a little warm.
I will stick to the hot dogs, I don't like tuna.

airrat

Just a note to bring your cash !! I am packing up some discountinued pen kits I don't make any more, blanks, a pen press , drill vise and some other goodies that are taking up space. In case anybody wants to buy them, the price will be right.

Does that include the Legacy??????????????[:D][}:)][:p]

Cant wait to see what goodies you have.

vick

I did not get much response on the "Food" post.
As far as I know people that confirmed they were in were

Tom and his brother
Kevin
Anthony
and I

Some others had said they were coming earlier but I have not seen them respond in the last week. If you are planning on coming how about posting to let us know.

airrat

been busy with pens and getting some stuff for tomorrow.
Also sent you his address Anthony.

You list looks good. I have not heard from Easysport or Don in PHX lately.
With Anthony's add coming looks like about 7 people.

Bev is bringing a Cake she sent me that in an email.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom