App Database Update -- 1/17/23

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
I just posted a database update for the app -- date is 1/17/23.

The main update is the addition of Wood Pen Pro kits to the database. There are also some additions and corrections to other suppliers and more instructions & photos. If you can supply any missing tube or bushing data or instructions for Wood Pen Pro kits, please let me know.

The database now has:
40 suppliers
over 4,800 kits
over 2,400 instructions
over 1.800 photos

Some users have reported problems downloading updates. If that happens to you, try this:

Go to Settings -> Display & Brightness and turn off Auto Lock. Then clear the app from your active apps (don't delete it, just remove it from App Switcher). Then restart the app - in about 15 seconds, it should restart downloads from where it left off last time. Leave the app as your top active app - updates should only take a few seconds to a minute, but a complete database download can take up to 30 minutes. You can use the app while that's going on, but don't switch to any other apps while that's going on. You can re-activate Auto Lock after the download is complete.

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
Mine just updated tonight, went well. I didn't realize there were tutorials and things listed as well. This app has really grown, thank you.
Thanks - Tutorials, Videos, & Supplier lists were added recently. Let me know if there are any Tutorials or Videos that you'd like to see added.

BULLWINKLE

Have updated in the past. Shut off the auto lock, and closed app. It's not wanting to start updating this time. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks for all your hard work.

KenB259

Have updated in the past. Shut off the auto lock, and closed app. It's not wanting to start updating this time. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks for all your hard work.
I may be wrong, but I believe the app has to be open. I updated mine last night without a hiccup.

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
I may be wrong, but I believe the app has to be open. I updated mine last night without a hiccup.
Yea, that's correct - the app must be open to be able download the database. Closing it and restarting it will trigger a check for updates within 15 seconds or so. If it detects an update, it will present an alert message to let you know. You can click ok & continue to use the app while the download occurs in the background, but do not close the app or switch to another app until you get the completion message.

If you have a weak or intermittent Internet connection, the app might lose its connection to the IAP server & restart the download from that point. If that happens, you will see a second Download in Progress message.

ramaroodle

Excellent! As always, thanks for the huge effort!

(Probably supposed to be another zero in the kit count?) :)

Pen Joe

Edgar, I need help with that information, you say to go to settings, is that on the Pen Page or the Compter it self, I would love to see that information but not smart enough to get there, if you have time, thanks, Pen Joe

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
Edgar, I need help with that information, you say to go to settings, is that on the Pen Page or the Compter it self, I would love to see that information but not smart enough to get there, if you have time, thanks, Pen Joe
No problem - terminology can sometimes be confusing.

It's the Settings App on the phone. Tap that, scroll down to the Display & Brightness option. Select that then scroll down to Auto Lock. Select that and select Never.

Then restart the Bushings & Tubes app. Downloads should start in about 15 seconds.

Let me know if you have any more questions. Here's the pertinent screen shots:

Attachments

• 680FD976-00AA-4AC4-8066-99F5E15F4438.jpeg
    680FD976-00AA-4AC4-8066-99F5E15F4438.jpeg
    92.4 KB · Views: 34
  • 2373B999-4518-40D9-85D6-08E40EE69067.jpeg
    2373B999-4518-40D9-85D6-08E40EE69067.jpeg
    84.3 KB · Views: 37
  • 79DE7816-DF1C-4C0E-BE0F-B1255505CD8C.jpeg
    79DE7816-DF1C-4C0E-BE0F-B1255505CD8C.jpeg
    62.9 KB · Views: 36
Top Bottom