"No Bash" Wood Identification Contest

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
For those of you who are having puzzle contest withdrawal issues this year, here's a chance to play a game and possibly win a little prize.

Your task is to identify the wood that I used to make the pen in this photo a few years ago. Please read & follow the rules!

1. Post your guesses in this thread.
2. One guess per entry.
3. You may make multiple guesses as long as the contest is open, but ONLY ONE guess per day. If you post more than one guess in any day, all of your entries will be disqualified.
4. Banter is encouraged.
5. Post any questions in this thread.

Prizes are as follows:
1. The first person to correctly identify this wood will win a BOB from me.
2. A second BOB will be awarded on a random draw basis from all other players who correctly identify this wood (if any).

This puzzle will run for at least one week from today. Winners (if any) will be announced after I close the contest.

This contest is open to all IAP members.

Have fun,
Edgar

1675708756432.png

KMCloonan

I thought possibly pecan, but I have some of your pecan, and it has much more figure/grain. So then I thought maybe this was a trick question, so I am going to go with Maple.

PS - I would love to see the bushings you used for this pen. 🤣

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
I thought possibly pecan, but I have some of your pecan, and it has much more figure/grain. So then I thought maybe this was a trick question, so I am going to go with Maple.

PS - I would love to see the bushings you used for this pen. 🤣
Would you believe ...

1675795440246.png

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
There's a clicker under there, isn't there?

I'm going with Sassafras.
Of course - it looks something like this. When the pen is lifted off the desk or table, the tip automatically extends, then automatically retracts when it's set back down. Pretty clever eh? 😉

1675796281355.png

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
Just a reminder that you can submit multiple guesses, but no more than one per day.

Top Bottom