Any interest in pen maker specific drill bit holder?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

campzeke

What about using the plastic sheets that engravers use to make name plates and door signs. I am not sure what thickness that material is available in but it would make the lettering show up quite well. If the top plate were made large enough to allow 1/4" or so around the edges you could make a wood base and attach the top plate to complete the index. Just a thought ....

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Jim Smith

I made one out of scrap wood and a piece of scrap Corian after I'd been making pens for about a year or so. It sure makes life easier. I've added a place to store the bushings with a list of the kits for each bushing and a pull-out slide where I mounted a three ring binder to hold plastic sleeves with the instructions for each kit.

Jim Smith

Jim Smith

Wayne, Too True. I ship FedEx quite a bit and even when I have something packed very well, with bubble wrap and padding etc, they still manage to break stuff. I know how cargo is handled, as I did that for a while when I worked for Delta. That said, I pack stuff accordingly and yet...

Thanks for the kind words and I hope that all is going well for you in the frozen north country.

Jim

Carl Fisher

So getting back to this after a long hiatus. I know another IAP member has been offering a version of this but I'm curious if anyone is still interested.

I have a decent laser machine now and am considering running these out of 3/16" acrylic sheet with tabbed acrylic sides that you can secure with CA or Weldon. Keeps shipping nice and tidy in a SFRB.

If there is enough interest, I'll give it a go again. If not I'm happy to see that someone else was able to run with the idea.

Carl Fisher

Hi guys. I have some 3/16 and 1/4" plexi on the way. I'll see which works best for this and go from there.

I have a 1/8" version I'm using on my personal shop, but it's 3 layers for stability. The thicker plexi should be good with just 2 layers and 4 side supports. I'll post pictures once I have a prototype run and work out all the fitment kinks on the tabs. Hopefully I'll see the plexi sometime this week.

Thanks for the continued support and sorry for letting this project die for so long.

Top Bottom