Another victim of the Pendant addiction.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from LabTrnr

LabTrnr

Saw all the postings of the nice pendants so I thought I'd try my hand. Two Corian, three Koa, 1 Pheasant wood and 1 Mango. I've found that you can't just turn one, once some one of the female persuasion sees it you'll be turning a bunch of them. Next thing you know they're asking what other kinds of wood you have and couldn't you make a nice segmented one. Took one to work and got two orders, hope these will make a nice lead in for pens and other stuff. Now if I could just find somebody to make the necklace part, those little ring connector things get lost in my sausage fingers. :)

Attachments

• turnings 022.jpg
    turnings 022.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 342
  • turnings 025.jpg
    turnings 025.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 377
  • turnings 027.jpg
    turnings 027.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 345
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mbroberg

IAP Activities Manager, Emeritus
Those look really good. maybe we need a subgroup, International Association of Pendant Turners.....

LabTrnr

I use rattle can lacquer, put on in several light coats. Seems to be the easiest, I noticed that some are using CA but I thought there would be issues getting a good uniform finish with the multiple levels. I figured I could turn a bunch and spray them all at once. The corian ones, of course, don't need a finish. I like how the white comes out, I'd like to find some solid black and see how that looks. Next item on the agenda is earrings to go with the pendants....I really don't want to make jewelry but now the cat's out of the bag.

gketell

Local Chapter Leader
Awesome pendants!!

Now if I could just find somebody to make the necklace part, those little ring connector things get lost in my sausage fingers. :)

The best way I have found to do it uses no rings and makes the length of the necklace adjustable to fit any neck.

After looping it through the pendant hole like you did take the left lead and tie a simple overhand knot around the right lead, take the right lead and tie a simple overhand knot over the left lead. Now the wearer can slide the knots together and slip it over their head and then slide the knots apart to put the pendant right where they want it on their chest.

Gk

Top Bottom