American Chestnut Burl

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from PreacherJon

PreacherJon

Broadwell Nouveau Sceptre kit w/ American Chestnut Burl.

Another one that was sent and asked if I would do it. Not my normal kit. Don't think it turned out too bad.

Attachments

• 03a.jpg
    03a.jpg
    318.3 KB · Views: 96
  • 03c.jpg
    03c.jpg
    405.3 KB · Views: 93
  • 03e.jpg
    03e.jpg
    260.9 KB · Views: 79
  • 03f.jpg
    03f.jpg
    271 KB · Views: 90
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Mortalis

If what you have is truly American Chestnut then sir, you have a very rare piece of lumber.
American Chestnut was literally wiped out in the late 1800's and early 1900's by a fungus from Asia. There are very few mature trees standing today although efforts are going on to revive the genus.
American Chestnut history

PreacherJon

If what you have is truly American Chestnut then sir, you have a very rare piece of lumber.
American Chestnut was literally wiped out in the late 1800's and early 1900's by a fungus from Asia. There are very few mature trees standing today although efforts are going on to revive the genus.
American Chestnut history
I was entrusted with this blank and kit. From my understanding it is real. He collects rare woods from around the world.

jrista

American Chestnut BURL... That is one heck of a blank! Very rare wood, given the species was nearly wiped out in a blight in the late 1800s or so. Beautiful piece of wood! I think the kit fits it well.

Top Bottom