Aero Pen to Aero Stylus Conversion

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from MarkD

MarkD

A few months ago I was asked to make an orange Lucite Aero Pen. At the time they asked if I could also make them a matching stylus for their iPad. When the new soft touch stylus tips recently came out, I decided to see if I could adapt one to an Aero pen kit for them.

I found that the diameter where the Aero writing tip attached to the writing tip housing was within a few thousands of an inch of the chrome stylus trim ring. I felt that if I could attach the stylus to the writing tip housing, it might just work out nicely.

I decided to make an aluminum adapter that would attach the stylus to the writing tip housing. I turned a shoulder on one end of the adapter, to match the diameter of the upper end of the housing ( where it gets pressed into the brass tube ). I turned the remainder of the adapter to fit the inside diameter of the writing tip housing. I drilled 13/64 hole in the lower end of the adapter, and turned the end of the stylus tip coupler to be a press fit to the hole.

To assemble, the adapter slides into the writing tip housing and the stylus tip coupler is pressed into the other end. The rubber stylus tip fits on the coupler, and the chrome trim ring is pressed onto the shoulder of the stylus tip coupler.

Note: when I took the pictures of the parts I mistakenly grabbed the original stylus tip coupler rather than the one that was turned down to fit in the adapter.

Comments and critiques welcome.

Thanks for looking.

AeroStylusPen.JPG

AeroStylusPenConversion.JPG

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

SCR0LL3R

That's an awesome idea and looks like you did an excellent job! Maybe I'm just tired but I have a hard time following your procedure :)

MarkD

Thanks everyone! It was a challenging yet fun little project. If it's felt that a tutorial would benefit others I would be happy to give one a shot.

Top Bottom