A couple of Bowls

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from bitshird

bitshird

First is an 10 inch by 4 inch deep Gum Bowl, some how this bowl came out correctly, I just cleared the Pith and some how managed to get everything centered. Next is a pretty piece of wood I got from Gary Max it's a piece of Box elder with a nice bit of red in it, it's 5 inches diameter and 4 inches deep, and finally a couple of handles, I've been swamped making handles for my tools, the Top one is Ash and the bottom one is done from some Sapele that I got from Landon (Hunter 27) the Sapele is beautiful wood to work with.

Attachments

• Gum-Bowl.jpg
    Gum-Bowl.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 156
  • Boxelder-Bowl.jpg
    Boxelder-Bowl.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 158
  • pen-pro-handles.jpg
    pen-pro-handles.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 179
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

holmqer

Local Chapter Leader
I love the look of Sweet Gum and this bowl has a nice flow to its curves, well done!

Jmhoff10500

Just curious but do you do any roughing of bowls with a woodchuck? HOLY Cow!!! i just realized why its called the woodchuck, like "how much wood can a woodchuck chuck..." I know that pretty sad on my part but that is really clever!!!

(great bowls by the way):biggrin:

bitshird

Just curious but do you do any roughing of bowls with a woodchuck? HOLY Cow!!! i just realized why its called the woodchuck, like "how much wood can a woodchuck chuck..." I know that pretty sad on my part but that is really clever!!!

(great bowls by the way):biggrin:

Johnathan, the bowls were done start to finish with a woodchuck, I used the Bowl Pro fitted with a 15-R2 insert to do nearly every thing except the very last little bit of clean up on the inside, and that was done with a Round 1 which uses an 11 mm round insert.

Jmhoff10500

Wow! they are really versatile then! It looks like I'm going to have to do some experiments coming up in a little bit! the biggest thing i hate about making bowls is sanding the inside but id imagine with a carbide cutter that it would finish up really nice!

Top Bottom