Permabond 820 in a dishwasher

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Rick1708

Rick1708

In our house, we practice something called Dishwasher Darwinism. Everything goes in and if doesn't survive...well, you get the idea.

I turned some vanity mirrors and now own a neat little disk mandrel. I got this (IMHO) great idea to turn some small soy sauce dipping cups. I think the size is perfect. They are just small bowls after all.

My question is this: has anyone ever used Permabond 820 CA? I plan to make them out of Corian or some other solid surface material and will need to glue up 2-3 pieces. I want a bond that will stand up to the dishwasher.

The specs say it's good to 390F and I know my dishwasher doesn't get hotter than that, but would love some practical experience.

http://www.permabond.com/en/en-cyanoacrylate.htm

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

PenMan1

I have never put Permabond through the dishwasher...... but could you make a little video to share with us when you try this?

My KitchenAid dishwasher has a heat dry cycle that gets up to several hundred degrees... That is after it heats the water to nearly 200 degrees.

The Permabond might stand up to this? Either way it would be fun to watch the video:)

MesquiteMan

Retired Head Moderator
Why not go with epoxy? CA in general gets brittle with heat. The permabond may be different but I am not sure I would want to waste material and time unless you just want to do it for the experiment. My concern would be with the corian expanding with the heat and causing failure with the brittle CA.

AceMrFixIt

Dont know about permabond but a guy called the HD I work at asking how to get paint out of a dryer........yep, he used it to shake his gallon of paint.......didnt work.

Top Bottom