This one made me nervous

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from broitblat

broitblat

The burl had some fairly deep inclusions, so I know going in I was going to be turning some air in a number of places. I thought about going thinner, but I wasn't sure how well it would hold together if I kept going, so I stopped here:

In the pictures, you can see the two largest areas that opened up, but there are numerous smaller ones, too.

-Barry

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

philb

Love the look of the Aussie burrs! You did a good job considering the depth of the bowl, as many make platters which require less hollowing! Especially with all the voids apparent!

Fred

Barry ... Excellent bowl turning. I work with this wood on occassion and am always absolutely amazed at the beautiful sights that are hidden within the burl.

Stunning bowl and you should be proud of this piece! :biggrin:

MartinPens

That's kind of like turning a saw blade!! Is that Red Melee? (sp?) I have a guy in town that buys bulk loads of it from Australia. Great job.

Martin

broitblat

Thanks, everyone.

Yes, this is Red Mallee. I'm sure I could have gotten away with going thinner-walled, but I'm not unhappy with where I stopped.

-Barry

phillywood

Thanks, everyone.

Yes, this is Red Mallee. I'm sure I could have gotten away with going thinner-walled, but I'm not unhappy with where I stopped.

-Barry

Beautifull job Barry, I am sure your jugement was well worth it. From here looking at it, seems that it soulc have blown off the chuck had you gone thinner. Otherwise it's a beatiful peice of work.

Top Bottom