Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

tglees

I have been buying my blanks, pen kits and bushings from a local woodworking store. I am starting to sell my pens and I need to reduce cost of production so I have been looking online.
I am looking to purchase my pen and pencil kits in larger quantities at a cost saving.
Which brings me to my questions.
1. Are all Slimline kits and therefore the bushings the same?
2. If using Trimline kits do you need special bushings?
3. Are Funline kits worth the savings or are they not worth the savings?
4. Is it as easy as it looks to replace the pen clip with specialty items such (golf, baseball, cross, etc)

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
My thoughts:

1. I haven't tried every slimline out there, but all that I have use the same bushings & tubes.

2. Yes - the Trimline, Comfort, Ceekline, etc do use different bushings. The nib bushing is the same, the cap bushing may or may not - depending on the particular kit, the center bushing is certainly different. I usually just buy Comfort center bands when I want the thicker center rather than an actual Trimline or Comfort kit.

3. You'll have to decide for yourself - the plating is usually not as good but many feel that it's good enough & some won't touch them at all.

4. Yes

Have fun
Edgar

WriteON

Funline kits are a good buy.
Replace clips at the beginning of assembly if possible. I believe they come in packs of 5.

thewishman

I do not want to lose a customer due to cheap plating or lower quality parts. I don't buy any of the apprentice or funline kits - saving a couple of dollars is not worth the risk to me.

Top Bottom