7" Diameter Hybrid Sphere

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Master Geppetto

Here is my latest project. Maple burl and Alumilite cast hybrid sphere. Enjoy!
20191102_095951.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Dieseldoc

Interesting you tube , one think is that it looks like you had used blue dye in alumlite and the sphere doesn't show much color, if fact has more of a clear look. Having pored and turned free hand sphere I have been unable to achive the same results, either I get clear or to dark of tint. Any suggestions?

Interesting you tube , one think is that it looks like you had used blue dye in alumlite and the sphere doesn't show much color, if fact has more of a clear look. Having pored and turned free hand sphere I have been unable to achive the same results, either I get clear or to dark of tint. Any suggestions?
What do you use for resin and dye? I used Aumilite Clear Slow for this sphere and added about two drops of Alumilite Blue Translucent Dye. Remember that pigments are not the same as dyes. Pigments cannot be seen through, but dyes can. I also added a small amount of Alumidust, which makes the resin look sparkly in the light.

Stephen

magpens

What size is the sphere ? . Oh, I now see the diameter .... 7-inch.

So what are you going to use it for ? . It seems too big to throw and too small to kick ! .... LOL ! 😂🤣🙂

Great work there .... and I can appreciate it as .... well .... a work of art !!!

Well, everyone is suggesting that I put three holes in it and use it as a bowling ball! I think I'll keep it in my showcase until someone offers me a small fortune for what I actually went through making this! 😁😁 Had it fly off the lathe at one point!:eek::eek:

Thanks for your comment, Mal!
Stephen

Dieseldoc

What do you use for resin and dye? I used Aumilite Clear Slow for this sphere and added about two drops of Alumilite Blue Translucent Dye. Remember that pigments are not the same as dyes. Pigments cannot be seen through, but dyes can. I also added a small amount of Alumidust, which makes the resin look sparkly in the light.

Stephen
I also use alumlite clear slow, alumlite dye( not marked translucent) so I will check that out. Use small amount of PearlEx. Maybe to many drops of dye. This will get me more info for next pore.
Thanks for reply. Cheers
Charlie

Top Bottom