2 "Martin" Cigars (new pic added)

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Halfcaff

Halfcaff

I was so impressed with his cigar pens I had to try it. Imitation is the most sincere form of flattery! I'm a cigar lover so this was right up my alley.

The first one I made was out of Red Mallee and buckeye burl. The second one is made out of Claro Walnut and buckeye burl. I used churchill parts. I sanded through 600 grit. I really didn't want much shine to the pens at all but I did want a finish on them. So I just put a few coats of renaissance wax on them. Next time I go to the local cigar shop I will have them in my pocket for a conversation starter. Thanks Martin for leading the way with your creativity. Thanks for looking and letting me know what you think.

Attachments

• Cigars1.jpg
    Cigars1.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 388
  • Cigars2.jpg
    Cigars2.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 316
  • Cigars3.jpg
    Cigars3.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 364
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

aggromere

Cigar stuff seems to be really catching fire, (joke). Me and two of my cousins have been saving cigar bands for a long time now and I bet I have 100's of them. If some of you guys want a few bands to work with PM me. If you send me a self addressed stamped envelope I will mail you back some bands. You can give me a list of what labels you want. If I have them I will send them to you.

bitshird

Those are nice, I like the idea of a matt finish, but I'm not sure that Renwax will offer much protection from skin oils and sweat, but for now they sure look good.

maxman400

Cigar stuff seems to be really catching fire, (joke). Me and two of my cousins have been saving cigar bands for a long time now and I bet I have 100's of them. If some of you guys want a few bands to work with PM me. If you send me a self addressed stamped envelope I will mail you back some bands. You can give me a list of what labels you want. If I have them I will send them to you.
they Look Great! I was just looking through my blanks for another shot at one and found a nice piece of black walnut.
Peter that's a great offer, I'll send you a PM.

PaulDoug

Very nice work. They get more realistic looking all the time. When is some one going to come up with one that has smoke coming out of it?

Halfcaff

Thanks everyone! I am keeping them in my humidor that I made a few months back out of cocobolo with my real cigars so they pick up the smell. So now they will look and smell like a cigar!

Cindy, I have never used poly on a pen before but I bet that would work. All I have right now is gloss wipe on poly. I might have to give that a try. Thanks

Halfcaff

Just for kicks here is a picture of the cigars in the humidor!

Attachments

• humidor3.jpg
    humidor3.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 217
  • DSCF0003.jpg
    DSCF0003.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 220
Top Bottom