1st pendants

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from mredburn

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
Well I got my pendant backer from Richard and just had to play, grabbed a couple of scraps and away i went. I left lots of room for improvement. Walnut and pink and white cz's, for my 10 year old grandaughter and walnut, maple, and star ruby for my grandson. both have a simple BLO finish. I have 5 other grandchildren that will want one also so I will get to play and practice some more. Comments welcome. Mike

Attachments

• DSC_2282.jpg
    DSC_2282.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 317
  • DSC_2288.jpg
    DSC_2288.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 240

wb7whi

cork pendent.jpgThey look pretty good. I would suggest that when you laminate you use a solid piece of wood for the back as the pendent tends to get pretty thin and the laminate will not hold to much pressure.

I initially finished mine with 600 grit then sprayed the pendent with shellac and this gave them a bit of a shine. Now I use a type of laqure (sp?) that Russ worked up. It is 1/3 varnish, 1/3 tung oil and 1/3 turpentine. I am using spar varnish. A couple coats and things really pick up.

I also use my buffing wheels, well the first two anyway. Sanding scratches become history with the first wheel.

You can go nuts with this stuff

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
The segmented piece was sliced off of a salt shaker set my dad had made and was just lying around. My grandaughter likes pink and picked out the cz's and placement with my help. THen my grandson wanted a pendant and picked the star ruby(synthetic. I wasnt going to finish them so much as I was playing around to see how and what the pendant backer tool could do. None of the stones are glued in. they are set in the wood.

Top Bottom