Transformation Swap

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

keithlong

Hey Guys,
I will my stuff out the first of the week, it has been a busy summer, my oldest daughter is going to have my 3rd grandchild, and she is having problems, so I have been real busy babysitting and helping her out. Sorry about the delay, but family does come first. I will get the pen made and sent out and I will also send out my materials to my partner. Sorry about the delay.

Buzzzz4

I got a certain package today from Brooks! I'm not sure what was better, the pen or the packaging :wink:. I will try to post a pic soon. One question for Jonathon, where's the battery??? :tongue:

Mine will head out this weekend.

Last edited:

Brooks803

I got a certain package today from Brooks! I'm not sure what was better, the pen or the packaging :wink:. I will try to post a pic soon. One question for Jonathon, where's the battery??? :tongue:

Mine will head out this weekend.

Lol...the battery cast didn't do so well. Part of it came unglued and curled up exposing the brass.

I'm glad you like the pen and extras :wink: I felt bad that I didn't get to send what I wanted to make, so I made up for it in another area.

Linarestribe

Well i finally finished my pen for Jason (jthompson1995). He received it and asked me to post some pics of it. It was hard for me to design a blank around the metirials I got but it really pushed my segmenting skill. I still struggle with reverse painting and it shows. Thanks for looking.

Attachments

• image-3971647407.jpg
    image-3971647407.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 164
  • image-2955443815.jpg
    image-2955443815.jpg
    168.6 KB · Views: 132
  • image-578286737.jpg
    image-578286737.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 124
  • image-3600673793.jpg
    image-3600673793.jpg
    146.2 KB · Views: 139
Last edited:

firedkm

This is the last weekend for everyone to work on their pens and get them off to your swap partner..

I understand that life will and can get in the way for some to get this complete. With that said, if for some reason you cannot meet the deadline PLEASE get in contact with your swap partner. Let them know what is going on and when you will finish up..

Thank you

vanngo5d

In the Mail

Just wanted to say mine hit the mail today.
cwolfs69 (Charley) should receive in a few days.
This was a lot of fun and can't wait for the next one.

Here's a sample pict....

Now I would't want to spoil it :biggrin:

Don Vann

Attachments

• TransSwap.jpg
    TransSwap.jpg
    8.5 KB · Views: 138

cwolfs69

Just wanted to say mine hit the mail today.
cwolfs69 (Charley) should receive in a few days.
This was a lot of fun and can't wait for the next one.

Here's a sample pict....

Now I would't want to spoil it :biggrin:

Don Vann

can not wait to see what you have done with that box of ???????? thast i sent you.

vanngo5d

Why not both show off your pens and this thread. that way if some who doesn't check this area will see it also.

Don Vann

cwolfs69

I got my pen from vanngo5d today oh my god I now have my everyday writer to finish is unbelievable I will get some pics tomorrow the other blanks he sent me are great too will send pics of those when I get them made great job from the junk I sent him

vanngo5d

I got my pen from vanngo5d today oh my god I now have my everyday writer to finish is unbelievable I will get some pics tomorrow the other blanks he sent me are great too will send pics of those when I get them made great job from the junk I sent him

Charley, Thank you for the wonderful comments, i'm glad it made it there with no problems, and you like it. I'm also glad you enjoyed the other materials i sent. Didn't want to send an almost empty box.

Don Vann

Jim Burr

Banned
This is what I sent Roger. He said he received it so I hope he likes it!

Attachments

• swap2.jpg
    swap2.jpg
    107.8 KB · Views: 139
  • swap1.jpg
    swap1.jpg
    108.5 KB · Views: 131
Last edited:

Triple Crown

Better Late Than Never!

Transformation Swap Pen 2.jpgTransformation Swap Pen, Blank, and Scales.jpg3 Views Transformation Swap.jpg

I received a great e-mail from Rodney (Carpblaster) today letting me know that he received his pen and is really happy with it. I'm so glad because it was definitely a challenge! I am grateful for Rodney's understanding about the delay and that our continued communication has made me a new friend. He asked if I could post some pictures of it since his wife is using the camera for a few days. This is my creation using the casting materials and sheet metal that he had included in the package. I was going for a deep blue shimmering water look to hold the Alligator Gar scales and ceramic buttons. I'm really happy with the segmenting too and think that the wavy patterns as you turn the pen around in your hand adds to the aquatic attempt. Unfortunately, the still camera doesn't quite catch the pearlescent reflections as well as I had hoped and kind of looks like a bunch of little dots or duller areas. (I think the pen looks better in real life.)

To see how I made it and overcame some challenges that I had not done before, see this posting:
http://www.penturners.org/forum/f13/so-many-firsts-my-transformation-swap-challenge-pen-100552/

This has been a really fun project and I definitely grew as a penmaker doing it. I also really liked the community spirit of the whole thing and making new friends. Thanks for putting this activity together!! I'm looking forward to doing another one some day. Greg

GoodTurns

Very belated pictures

Lately, I have been on something of a minimalist streak, so when my transformation swap box went out, it was all in black and white....

Bog Oak, Celluloid, Ivory piano keys, alt ivory, white holly and a couple of pieces of aluminum. HoratioHornblower sent me back this little treasure! Needless to say, I had a real big smile on my face when I opened the package.

Attachments

• transformed.jpg
    transformed.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 140
  • transformed-open.jpg
    transformed-open.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 126
Lately, I have been on something of a minimalist streak, so when my transformation swap box went out, it was all in black and white....

Bog Oak, Celluloid, Ivory piano keys, alt ivory, white holly and a couple of pieces of aluminum. HoratioHornblower sent me back this little treasure! Needless to say, I had a real big smile on my face when I opened the package.

Thanks Jon, Im so glad that you like the pen so much! Thanks for giving me such great material to work with! :biggrin: Enjoy it!

David

vanngo5d

HoratioHornblower, great looking pen, neat mix of materials. But not familiar with the components uses ? Where is that one from.

Don vann

truckfixr

I'm finally getting around to posting pics of the pen I sent to grz5. The quality isn't that great since I took them with my phone. The body is made from vanilla pipe tobacco and gold leaf, with aluminum flashing and amboyna.

1.jpg

2.jpg

Jim Burr

Banned
And mine from Juteck! If memory serves, euc burl, antler, aluminium. John did an amazing job of filling the euc burl with I'm guessing espresso powder(?) giving the grip a great tactile feel. A pic never does these justice and it is certainly the case here! Also a really nice cherry burl slim. Tons of other goodies in the box, but those are for me! John...without a doubt, one of the nicest pens I have...many thanks sir!!

Attachments

• swap1.jpg
    swap1.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 122
  • swap2.jpg
    swap2.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 99

Leviblue

Local Chapter Leader
Jonathon's pen was sent and confirmed as recieved.

I kept in touch with Jonathon about the pen being delayed. Due to the delays with me being out with my back and not able to stand for long periods of time and my company going through a very rough integration the delay was out of my control.
Life throws us curves every once and a while. I've kept in touch with my swap partner for this one as well and he's running behind with work issues as well.

I'm looking forward to receiving the pen soon.

Top Bottom