Transformation Swap

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Carl Fisher

A long weekend at the beach has cleared up my segmenting block to try a few things. Now I just need a free night or two to see what I can put together.

sumterdad

I hope to have my pen for my swap partner maybe by the first of the week. We will be alittle busy with all that has been going on with my nephew

My pen arrived from Bruce today, Haven't had time to take a picture yet. I'm impressed at what he did with the materiel and used it in ways I had never even thought of. This was a lot of fun. Thank you Bruce.

Carl Fisher

Well, I sort of played it safe but I'm happy with the final result. Just trying to figure out some last minute ways to use some of the left over parts and pieces.

cwolfs69

pen for truckfixr

well i got word that Truckfixr has received his pen and wants me to post some pics here. from the note i got from him, he liked it a little. well here are some pics of the thing.

DSC_1687.jpg transformpen4.jpgtrasnsform3.jpg

used 9 different materials, 17 separate pieces, several different machines, Band saw, radial arm saw, table saw, router, jointer, belt sander, drill press, pen press, dremel and, oh yes, a lathe.
i am so glad he likes it. i just wish i couild have used more of the wild box he sent me.
thanks for looking.

i cant wait to get mine, do not even remember what all sent.

firedkm

Just checking in to make sure everyone has received the box from their partner. It less than a month left to get your completed pens back to them.

I guess I should start mine this weekend :rolleyes:

Linarestribe

Got my pen today! It's fun seeing what people come with and I will definitely be in the next one.

Here are some pics of the pen I got.
Thanks PENMAKER1967

Attachments

• IMG_3362.jpg
    IMG_3362.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 173
  • IMG_3363.jpg
    IMG_3363.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 145
  • IMG_3364.jpg
    IMG_3364.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 153
  • IMG_3365.jpg
    IMG_3365.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 152

penmaker1967

u are very welcome linarestribe glad u like it this was a very informative swap it made me do things that i have never done before. love to do more of these type of swaps.

I will have something to send by the end of the month as well! Life has been nuts, but now I have all the tools I needed to buy I believe so its just a matter of doing hopefully only one prototype and then the pen.:biggrin:

David

Brooks803

I thought I'd be done today....that is...before the explosion :beat-up:

Note to self. Even soaking pinecones in CA (that's cast in alumilite) it's still not the best surface to hold threads :crying::frown:. Dust collector sucked up any chance of a repair.

I still have enough of a blank to do a single barrel style pen luckily. It's not the route I wanted to take, but I've got to be able to send SOMETHING!

grz5

Was finally able to make a few things work! Excited about the blank and what the recipient will think. Here's hoping I have no blowouts when I drill an turn :).

Leviblue

Local Chapter Leader
Pen makers block, work issues and dang it's hot now. I'm trying to work through this transformation swap but Brooks sent so much nice material, I don't know where to start. Between the papers, snake skin and feather. Hmmm maybe a flying snake pen? Gotta go, just has a thought.... :bulgy-eyes:

BSea

I just thought a teaser photo would help Bruce ID what was used, and maybe get some idea of what to expect. . . . . . . . . . . . . . or not :biggrin:.

Attachments

• Teaser.jpg
    Teaser.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 158

Brooks803

I just thought a teaser photo would help Bruce ID what was used, and maybe get some idea of what to expect. . . . . . . . . . . . . . or not :biggrin:.

ooooooohhhhhhh....you made a chopstick! I didn't realize Bruce liked chinese that much. Not very nice just sending 1 though :tongue::biggrin:

BSea

ooooooohhhhhhh....you made a chopstick! I didn't realize Bruce liked chinese that much. Not very nice just sending 1 though :tongue::biggrin:
In Arkansas, they're called Pig Stickers, and you only need one.:rolleyes: Oh, and what makes you think I only sent 1?

Last edited:

BRobbins629

Passed Away Dec 28, 2021
In Memoriam

In Arkansas, they're called Pig Stickers, and you only need one.:rolleyes: Oh, and what makes you think I only sent 1?
I do like Chinese, Arkansas pig (prefer McClards to Stubbys for those near Hot Spring) as well as all those shavings in the teaser. Standing by the mailbox!

BSea

I do like Chinese, Arkansas pig (prefer McClards to Stubbys for those near Hot Spring) as well as all those shavings in the teaser. Standing by the mailbox!
If I'd known that, I'd have sent some sauce too. But I'd have also included some Craig's from DeValls Bluff.

Last edited:

Brooks803

Well I FINALLY have a finished pen for Eric. I was wanting to do something more than a "kit" pen but it wasn't in the cards for me. Still happy with what I did make. It'll be going out tomorrow, gotta go find some packing material to keep it safe and sound :wink:

crabcreekind

So my partner penmaker1967 broke his camera, and asked me to take the pictures and post them. No big deal. So this is what I came up with. He gave me maple and walnut. So I decided to try my first knot pen. Then after I sanded it, I felt it was not very lively, so I dyed it blue. Put it on a Sn gent FP from timberbits.
I will have it shipped soon.

Attachments

• 100_7013.jpg
    100_7013.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 133
  • 100_7014.jpg
    100_7014.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 126
  • 100_7015.jpg
    100_7015.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 135
Last edited:

robutacion

Hi guys,

I apologise by putting my nose in here, where I don't belong as I never realised this swap was on, in the first place however, the reason of my "intervention" is to say that, and after I read and saw every pic in the whole thread that, I would be feeling sorry for the guy I would be sending my box of goodies, just image what I could have put in there, that would spin anyone out of their sockets...!:smile-big::wink:

Talking about "utilisation" or resources...!!!:biggrin:

Great idea, tough...!

Good luck everyone and get those brain "juices" flow...!

Cheers
George

Last edited:
Top Bottom