Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

cwolfs69

Attachments

• DSC_1617.jpg
    DSC_1617.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 266

juteck

Jim Burr said:
John's box hit the road yesterday morning...good luck!!

My box arrived today! I have wood, copper, soapstone, wood shavings, antler, PVC (?), and long grain black rice (?) that I need to fit into a pen. I think I'm going to stare at it for a while a let the inspiration hit me! This will be fun!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Attachments

• image-2868376713.jpg
    image-2868376713.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 194

BRobbins629

Passed Away Dec 28, 2021
In Memoriam
Just received this from Displaced Canadian. Looks like I've got my work cut out for me.
attachment.php

Attachments

• Transformation.JPG
    Transformation.JPG
    137.8 KB · Views: 480

penmaker1967

recieved my box today it is going to be interesting working on this pen but i love a challenge. gf is out of town till sat so i can get some shop time in for the next few days.

vanngo5d

Mine arrived today. All I can say is wow. This will be fun, lots of neat stuff. Will put a lot of thought into to this one. Even included gifts. Thank you Charlie.

Don Vann

BSea

Received mine from Bruce (BRobbins629) last week. Here's what I get to play with. I've been playing with different combinations ever since I've received it.

Attachments

• Package received 2.jpg
    Package received 2.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 203

tkbarron

hewunch, you should receive this tomorrow. Sorry for the crappy photo quality. It was taken with my cell phone.

Enjoy,

Tom

Attachments

• Box for Hans Wunch.jpg
    Box for Hans Wunch.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 185
Hello all,

I received my box last week sometime from Jon Piper (GoodTurns), but I was out of town getting engaged so I didn't get it till Sunday! I'm sorry it has taken me so long to post about it. This box is amazing! There was so much in it, I don't know where to start. It had two blanks of Alt. Resin, one of bog oak, a short of some kind of horn I believe, another short of some kind of wood that looks like bog oak but Im not sure, two strips of holly and a blank of the same, a snake skin that I believe is cobra, a fairly large chunk of what I believe is of MOP, and some chunks of ivory to boot. (big boot) Thank you sooo much Jon, this is much better than expected, and really it is a major blessing! I had been looking to work with some of these materials and then your box arrives and has all this awesome stuff in it! There is an idea I am tossing around in my mind that will be able to use 4-5 of the different supplies and should be an interesting concept, but I will have to do prototypes and I will also need to acquire some new tools so I will be very close to the deadline if I go after that design. But, I believe the wait will be worth it! Amazing box received, challenge accepted, and pen forthcoming!

David

I thought I added a piciture, but I guess I waited too long to post it??? Anyway, here is a picture of the contents of the box!

Attachments

• 549.jpg
    549.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 202

GoodTurns

Hello all,

I received my box last week sometime from Jon Piper (GoodTurns), but I was out of town getting engaged so I didn't get it till Sunday! I'm sorry it has taken me so long to post about it. This box is amazing! There was so much in it, I don't know where to start. It had two blanks of Alt. Resin, one of bog oak, a short of some kind of horn I believe, another short of some kind of wood that looks like bog oak but Im not sure, two strips of holly and a blank of the same, a snake skin that I believe is cobra, a fairly large chunk of what I believe is of MOP, and some chunks of ivory to boot. (big boot) Thank you sooo much Jon, this is much better than expected, and really it is a major blessing! I had been looking to work with some of these materials and then your box arrives and has all this awesome stuff in it! There is an idea I am tossing around in my mind that will be able to use 4-5 of the different supplies and should be an interesting concept, but I will have to do prototypes and I will also need to acquire some new tools so I will be very close to the deadline if I go after that design. But, I believe the wait will be worth it! Amazing box received, challenge accepted, and pen forthcoming!

David

Got most of them!... the horn is river buffalo, the pearl white strip is celluloid. Guess you can figure out the color scheme I was looking for, eh? Have fun!

Congrats on the engagement, too!

Hello all,

David

Got most of them!... the horn is river buffalo, the pearl white strip is celluloid. Guess you can figure out the color scheme I was looking for, eh? Have fun!

Congrats on the engagement, too!

Thanks Jon, it went amazing!

Im glad its not MOP, as I will feel much safer while working with it! That also makes my design better!

David

Leviblue

Local Chapter Leader
This is going out to Brooks tomorrow. Have fun Master Caster Man!

View attachment 74044

Ya know what Eric...I'm gonna find a way to use that dang battery! :tongue:

I'm gonna put my box together for Kevin (Leviblue) tomorrow.

Well I received my box from Brooks. Now the paper wasn't bad and the carbon fiber is neat. But when I picked up the snake skin, that was weird and unexpected. Now how did Brooks get that snake undressed?
This is going to be an outside the box challenge for sure. :biggrin:

Haynie

Final piece of the puzzle is in my hands. I was on my way to the post when I got the call something was available then had to wait for it to get to me.

This should soon be in your hands Carpblaster! Here is a pic of the stuff in the box that I sent out two days ago.

David

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 201
  • 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 202

firedkm

I wanted to apologize to everyone because I was away all last week. I had some pm's from people with minor problems and just got them tonight.

Please if anyone has any trouble please contact me to let me know. If I don't know about it I cannot help you out :biggrin:

Thanx

Triple Crown

Materials Received and Sent!

I want to thank Rodney (Carpblaster) for sending a box of very interesting stuff for me to transform into a pen! I received it a couple of weeks ago and although I haven't come up with my big idea yet, I'm excited about the challenge! Here's a quick pic!

Received Transformation Materials.jpg

I also want to apologize to Dave (nsfr1206) for just now sending out my box to him. (We've communicated via PMs.) Hopefully he'll be able to transform something from these items into something cool! Here's a quick look at the contents. (Actually, I had to take out just a few items because they wouldn't fit.) But, all in all, a good array of materials to get creative with!

Sent Transformation Materials.jpg

Thanks all for keeping the fun going! I loved the Bash!!! Looking forward to seeing what everyone comes up with!

Greg

Carl Fisher

Wow, where to begin!

Lego's, 1/4" headphone adapter and a Suave bottle. This is going to get interesting.

Attachments

• IMG_0980_1 (Custom).jpg
    IMG_0980_1 (Custom).jpg
    103.3 KB · Views: 180
  • IMG_0981_1 (Custom).jpg
    IMG_0981_1 (Custom).jpg
    103 KB · Views: 186

Haynie

SOme where there is a little kid saying "Dad I lost some legos, can you help find them?" And there is a father saying "Um....uh....You need to be more careful with your toys son, yeah more careful."

toddlajoie

Wow, where to begin!

Lego's, 1/4" headphone adapter and a Suave bottle. This is going to get interesting.

Yea, I've been looking at those headphone adapters, thinking there was a pen in there somewhere, but haven't had the time to figure something out so I'd seen if someone else wanted to give it a shot...

And the legos were willingly donated by my eldest, who's Lego collection dwarfs my pen obsession by several orders of magnitude. They came out of one of his "extra pieces" bins...

penmaker1967

i have my blank glued up and going to see if i blow it up next week. lol but i hope that i can get the pen in the mail in the next couple of weeks

My pen came in from Carpblaster this week, and he did a great job! It was Rodney's first time scalloping. I really like it and it will hold a special place in my collection! Thank you so much Rodney, I really appreciate it! I like the color combo too.:biggrin:

David

Attachments

• IMG_7292.jpg
    IMG_7292.jpg
    16.1 KB · Views: 188

tkbarron

I got my box chock-full of goodies from sumterdad and I've gotta say I have my work cut out for me. There will most definitely be some casting involved, perhaps even with radioactive materials.:devil:

I'm open to any suggestions guys!!

Thanks,

Tom

Attachments

• Transformation Swap.jpg
    Transformation Swap.jpg
    119.7 KB · Views: 158
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Top Bottom