Time to get MUGGED!!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mbroberg

IAP Activities Manager, Emeritus
Why don't we have a contest next year for this years mug. That way people would have a year to get a great shot. Like one skydiving, or on the great wall of China.

I attempted this type of activity in 2012 and 2013. The response was underwhelming. I think people just don't really think about taking their IAP mug with them when they travel to get the great shots.

Here is a link to the 2012 announcement.

http://www.penturners.org/forum/f170/creative-mug-shots-93106/

At the conclusion of that BASH I made an announcement that the contest would repeat in 2013 and I encouraged members to get a great shot sometime in the coming year. It just didn't work out. We got some fantastic Photoshopped entries, but no "on location" photos.

dtswebb

The "loot" arrived in today's mail. The stein looks great (sandstone) and I really like the blue mug. The t-shirt and ball cap will be worn with pride, as will the pins. The best was a short note thanking me for my support.

Thank you Jeff for giving me a place to hang out when I'm not working or turning. This group has taught me more than I would have ever thought possible, has provided access to all kinds of material I would not have been able to obtain on my own and is the warmest, friendliest group of people around (most of the time). The little contribution I made has been repaid too many times to mention.

flyitfast

I can drink coffee again!!!! And be well dressed at our Alamo Chapter meeting next week!
Got my "big" mug today, along with a T=shirt, hats and pin. One of the hats will go into our meeting raffle. Your Thank You note was real class.
What great service!
Thanks Jeff for all you do for us. Thank your "shipping dept." for all of us.
Gordon

Last edited:

healeydays

My mug showed up today and has already been christened with it's first cup of coffee.

If you haven't ordered yours yet, it's not too late...

Mike B
Bedford, NH

Sylvanite

Mugs Through The Ages

Well, here's a mug shot anyway:

attachment.php

Attachments

• MugsThroughTheAges.jpg
    MugsThroughTheAges.jpg
    113.3 KB · Views: 310

markgum

got the order in for a stein and shirt. Now, to get the travel expenses done and see if I have any extra $$$. The Blue one looks pretty sharp.

jeff

Administrator
Staff member
The "loot" arrived in today's mail. The stein looks great (sandstone) and I really like the blue mug. The t-shirt and ball cap will be worn with pride, as will the pins. The best was a short note thanking me for my support.

Thank you Jeff for giving me a place to hang out when I'm not working or turning. This group has taught me more than I would have ever thought possible, has provided access to all kinds of material I would not have been able to obtain on my own and is the warmest, friendliest group of people around (most of the time). The little contribution I made has been repaid too many times to mention.

Thanks for your kind words, Matthew!

jeff

Administrator
Staff member
I am happy to read that the goodies are arriving!

ALL mugs (US and international orders) to the moment of this post have been shipped!

A few LOW stock levels:

Sandstone beer mugs: 6
Red beer mugs: 1
Green coffee mugs: 8
Green desk cups: 10
SMALL shirts 2
MEDIUM shirts 4
XXXL shirts 3
XXXXL shirts 3

Pretty good stock on:

Red mugs
Blue mugs
Glass mugs
L shirts
XL shirts
XXL shirts
patches
hats

Thanks for all the support!

PTsideshow

Got the mug, pin and shirt all great looking Mug is to small to use so will turn it in too a pen mug for wife that is her favorite shade of blue will continue to use my t6enth mug as it cuts down on trips to refill. Thanks for all you do Jeff a dozen atta boys to you!!!! :clown:

jeff

Administrator
Staff member
Got the mug, pin and shirt all great looking Mug is to small to use so will turn it in too a pen mug for wife that is her favorite shade of blue will continue to use my t6enth mug as it cuts down on trips to refill. Thanks for all you do Jeff a dozen atta boys to you!!!! :clown:

Thanks, Glen!

Pete275

Just got home and found a box which arrived Wednesday containing a beautiful green mug, IAP pin, and a really cool t-shirt. I got mugged! Thanks Jeff for all that you do!

Wayne

jeff

Administrator
Staff member
Heading downstairs to pack 17 boxes. Except for one to Canada and one to Australia, you should all have your goodies by the weekend.

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator

Attachments

• IMG_1318.jpg
    IMG_1318.jpg
    205.1 KB · Views: 168
  • IMG_1321.jpg
    IMG_1321.jpg
    240.2 KB · Views: 143
  • IMG_1322.jpg
    IMG_1322.jpg
    235.6 KB · Views: 154
  • IMG_1341.jpg
    IMG_1341.jpg
    165.4 KB · Views: 145
  • IMG_1348.jpg
    IMG_1348.jpg
    323.5 KB · Views: 132

jeff

Administrator
Staff member
There has been a couple day lull in shipping while I attended to other Bash tasks (like getting the boatload of Donation Drawing prizes queued up for posting). I expect to get everything ordered through tonight shipped on Friday.

If you ordered a mug more than a week ago and it has not shown up, send me a PM and I'll track it down.

jeff

Administrator
Staff member
All mug orders, domestic and international, ordered to this moment are ready for the post office in the morning

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Heading downstairs to pack 17 boxes. Except for one to Canada and one to Australia, you should all have your goodies by the weekend.

Yep, once again you are true to your word!!! :biggrin:
My cool green mug and pin were waiting for me this evening.

Thanks Jeff. :wink:
Gonna have to give the collection a wipe down and get a group shot!!

jeff

Administrator
Staff member
Everything ordered to this moment is either shipped, or in the car to be dropped off at the PO in the morning.

Here is what's left.

Sand Stein GONE
Red Stein GONE
Red Mug 18
Blue Mug 22
Green Mug 4
Green Desk Cup 6
Glass Mug 7
Patch 67
Hat 5
Shirt S 1
Shirt M 2
Shirt L 11
Shirt XL 23
Shirt 2XL 9
Shirt 3XL 3
Shirt 4XL 1

jaeger

I got Mugged today also!
Nice Blue mug and I REALLY like the T Shirts!!
I'm glad I bought 3!

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

bobleibo

IAP T-SHRT PAYS OFF!

A couple of weeks ago I wore my new IAP t-shirt to the gym. One of the members asked me what IAP was which I explained. He then asked if he could see my pens so last week I took in my case to show him. He was very impressed, as were the other 3-4 people who gathered around. In the end, I got orders for 8 pens, 5 of them high end. I used to have a web site but took it down and only sell by word of mouth now. This gym is located in a medical complex and has quite a few doctors as members, doctors who have way too much money and like shiny things they can show their friends.
I've always been very low-keyed about my work, mostly because actively selling them was way too much work and my real enjoyment was making them, but if the customer comes to me, I am more than happy to make what they want.
All of this because of a lil' old t-shirt~
Thanks Jeff
Cheers
Bob

Last edited:
Top Bottom