Possible New Forum Feature VERSION 2

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jeff

Administrator
Staff member
FYI...This feature doesn't appear to work at all in ForumRunner. In ForumRunner the original pictures show up like a link but when you select it you get an error that the image can not be found on the server. I suspect that feature is not supported on ForumRunner.

This feature only works when client-side Javascript is enabled. ForumRunner isn't a browser and so doesn't natively support client side Javascript.

Good point :)
This feature looks great in a browser but if the pictures at the start of this thread represent the final version, people using ForumRunner, and other apps on mobile devices won't be able to see any pictures.

Try FR again. You should be able to see the pictures now.

The zoom won't work on FR because it doesn't support Javascript.

Yes, the pictures in this thread now appear with FR and I'm able to zoom in on the picture using the normal mobile functions. One thing I did notice was that the last set of pictures in the initial thread ( you labeled them "the small thumbnails") are very blurry. The others look great. The ability to scroll through the pictures is great also.

Thanks Jeff!

Yes, they're the low resolution small thumbs and they look blurry when they enlarge even on the phone. I think we'll end up using the medium thumbnails, but we can experiment.

I guess with the major hiccups understood, I'll continue to work on this as time permits. Ultimately it needs to be really easy to do the insert from the photo album to a post. The thing I hope this encourages is uploading much higher resolution photos into the album.

Thanks for all your comments and support!

Top Bottom