Shoulder Repair

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

reddwil

Finally got the news today that I have been waiting on for months. After dealing with doctors for 8 months and all their bull that doesn't work, I get to have my shoulder fixed. For someone who really hates going under the knife, I can honestly say I can't wait. Enough is enough!! It has really affected my shop time this year and I'm ready to get back at it. In retrospect, it has saved me lots of money, but my wife is ready to kill me. Now to get it scheduled.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

greasythumb

I had bothof mine done and both froze up on me,it took a year before I had full movement again,sure was painfull.hope all turns out well for you.will be praying for you

GoodTurns

follow the physical terrorist's orders. they are not your friend, but they do have your best interests at heart (tho' they do seem heartless as well!). the shoulder I had fixed is now the good one! takes time, but the relief was eventually worth it.

elkhorn

Are you talking a total shoulder replacement? It's something I may have to consider.

Rounder

To reiterate, if you are going to get it done, you MUST do the therapy. Otherwise it is a waste of time and money. I had my right one repaired and did the therapy and it is almost as good as new. Well worth the effort to me.

Big

Will hope that all turns out well for you. I am facing having both shoulders scoped up to total joint replacement. Not something I would wish on anyone. Will be keeping you in our thoughts.

reddwil

This is the second time for this shoulder. I had it done in 1999 after an injury. This time they say its arthritis, scare tissue and a small rotator tear. I been doing therapy but its just making it worse. I will do whatever it takes, believe me...

turncrazy43

Kent, hope you can get it done soon and get the relief you need. Wish you the best and a quick recovery. Hope to see you at the meeting on the 14th.

tomas

I fell and severely injured my right shoulder two years ago. Using the scope was out of the question so the did it all via an 8" incision on the front of my shoulder. I have had 3 knee surgeries and coronary bypass but the recovery from the shoulder surgery was much more than I anticipated. 6 weeks in a sling, 6 more weeks of very limited use, then 8 weeks of physical therapy. It was hard and painful but I now have 100% use and range of motion. If you can get an ice water circulator it if really good for pain along with the usual meds.

Good luck,
Tomas

I had my left shoulder done about 2 years ago! I was in agony like you! All is good now but I have to echo the above comments about the physical terrorism! Without that, it is a worthless procedure! One caution though, I am one of those who absolutely hates pain pills so never even took one till my first therapy session! After that, I made damn sure I was thoroughly medicated no matter how sick it made me! That therapy is rough! Good luck and take care!!!! You will like the result!!!!!

TonyL

I was pitcher in college (81 to 85). Basically the money (tuition) I save my dad, I have given to the doctors. I had 4 shoulder surgeries on the same shoulder about 4 years apart since I was 30. I had my fourth about 4 years ago, and can use a 5th....I don't know if there is anything left in there -so waiting to see what happens. I heard others mention it before ---- try your best to get to physical therapy. Have realistic expectation with respect to range of motion and reduced pain. I can't throw a baseball 30 feet, but I no pain and full range of motion. The shoulder's anatomy is hardest to restore of all of the joints. Do the PT and you will be fine.

reddwil

I have already been doing some PT and it made it worse so we stopped until after surgery. Harvey, I don't do pain meds either. Can't stand the way they make me feel. My wife can take one and sleep for 2 days. They wire me up and make feel like there's bugs crawling all over me. The worst part for me right now is I can't sit or lay with pain and the constant numbness in my hand. I can't even sit and make blanks without discomfort. Which Stinks. Ice has become my best friend.

Top Bottom