Please keep us in your thoughts and prayers!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Hubert H

Prayers for your daughter, you and your family Lenny. Wife and I have been in a similar place. Sorry is way to small of a word for what you are going through.

Lenny

Lenny, any updates on Jessica? Still praying for her recovery.

Harry

Harry, Jess has completed her radiation and gets a few weeks off from her chemo. As they predicted, the last couple weeks of radiation left her very tired. She is now feeling more rested and for the first time yesterday went without Tylenol and nausea medication. She is very happy to be off the steroids which caused her to bloat up and gain weight. She also gets a break from her chemo pill for a few weeks and then will take them one week a month for a year.
In a few weeks she will have another MRI to see what, if any, good the radiation has done. We have been cautioned that even if it has stopped growing, it is usually just a matter of time before it starts up again.

Lenny

Just a quick update.... Jessie's follow up MRI following the radiation treatments showed "significant reduction" in the tumor.
She continues to have constant nausea and has just completed her first week of chemo on the higher dose. (5 days a month for a year)
She is often too tired to get up but hopefully will recover enough after each 5 day session to continue with her job and most importantly enjoy the trip we have planned. We will be headed to the Bahamas for a week along with several of her girl friends.
As luck would have it, I have injured by arm, (popped the tendon in my bicep), unloading a truck a work and will require surgery this Wednesday.
I will be the one armed man for the Summer!
Haven't been doing much turning but still stop in here every once in awhile.
Thank You all for your prayers and kind words of encouragement!

leaycraft

Lenny:
just picked up on this thread- after reading through- I see that treatment is helping. I work in the health care field, Pathology so Ive seen these tumors before. I know your staying positive as is your daughter. Hang tough it will get better and from experience a prognosis is still a guess. Enjoy the days off and especially enjoy your beautiful daughter. BTW- I'm John L. Howard

76winger

Thanks for the update Lenny and it's wonderful to hear Jessie's improving. Will keep praying for her and now for you too, that your tendon heals quickly. Take care and God Bless.

Jim Burr

Banned
That'll work for both of you! From one survivor to the father of another...God's speed, peace and blessing. I have that T-shirt as does my daughter. May none of us ever have to say that to another father again...Amen

Janster

May she and her family of friends walk in HIS Light! I will pray for you and yours.......Jan

monark88

I can't begin to tell you how wonderful this news is. Believe me, I know what you are going thru. I won't go into it, but I am elated for your daughter and your family.

Russ

nava1uni

Glad that your daughter is doing well. Sorry to hear about your arm, but it will allow you to spend more time together. No one can ever say what will happen. Glad that she is responding to the treatment.

Top Bottom