PITH 2010 PHOTOS

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

JeremyJ

Take two for Gary MGg, lets hope this one goes better.

Attachments

• squirrel-feeder-made-from-recycled-plastic1-300x200.jpg
    squirrel-feeder-made-from-recycled-plastic1-300x200.jpg
    16.3 KB · Views: 196

ToddMR

I got home today and I was happy as heck to see my PITH package in the mailbox today. I looked through all the wonderful blanks and then looked at the pen.

This is the pen from aussieturner I received. A sedona rollerball. Not sure of the wood so I will need to wait for him to tell me what it is. I never have done this kit, so it was cool. Troy also sent it to me in a nice box. Thanks Troy for both the pen and all the wonderful blanks!

Last edited:

Stick Rounder

Tease # 2

Well maybe it's a little more than a tease.....
This is for my new friend down under.
Gentlemens Pen with Yellow Heart, Blood Wood, Mahogany and Maple.

Attachments

• 360 Pen.jpg
    360 Pen.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 197

awolfe

Here is my awesome package I got from Maxman400. He really went way over the top. He sent a Redwood Burl, cast in red, white, and blue Alumilite, set of Fountain, Rollerball, and pencil in a custom fit case. He also sent the great blanks in the photos.:biggrin::):biggrin:
The crummy photos don't do the pens justice but I blame my husband for that.:rolleyes:

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• 001rs.JPG
    001rs.JPG
    37 KB · Views: 507
  • 002rs.JPG
    002rs.JPG
    63.4 KB · Views: 511
  • 005rs.JPG
    005rs.JPG
    14 KB · Views: 497
  • 006rs.JPG
    006rs.JPG
    13.7 KB · Views: 515
  • 007rs.JPG
    007rs.JPG
    14.8 KB · Views: 507
  • 004rs.JPG
    004rs.JPG
    19.4 KB · Views: 502
  • 003rs.JPG
    003rs.JPG
    27.3 KB · Views: 490

alankulwicki7

The pen I received from gawdelpus

Here is the pen I received in from my PITH exchange partner Gawdelpus. I have never seen anything like it and the pen looks even better in person! This is a casting with braided copper wire in it.

It's so nice I am afraid to use it! I also received a bunch of blanks to go along with it.

I'm not sure my crappy photos can really do this pen justice but here are some pics!

Thanks again, John!

Doug Swanson

Attachments

• iap1.jpg
    iap1.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 179
  • iap4.jpg
    iap4.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 215

aussieturner

I got home today and I was happy as heck to see my PITH package in the mailbox today. I looked through all the wonderful blanks and then looked at the pen.

This is the pen from aussieturner I received. A sedona rollerball. Not sure of the wood so I will need to wait for him to tell me what it is. I never have done this kit, so it was cool. Troy also sent it to me in a nice box. Thanks Troy for both the pen and all the wonderful blanks!

the pen is from a peice of highly figured mackay cedar
oh and i got my parcel today as well i also am going to have to wait to find out the timber used thanks for the blanks :biggrin: and i hope you enjoy the blanks i sent you :biggrin: just ask bitshird and rhossack they know :biggrin:

Attachments

• pith pen 1.JPG
    pith pen 1.JPG
    93.8 KB · Views: 139
  • pith pen 2.JPG
    pith pen 2.JPG
    95.2 KB · Views: 138
  • pith pen 3.JPG
    pith pen 3.JPG
    94 KB · Views: 122

gawdelpus

Passed Away May 11, 2015
In Memoriam
Here is the pen I received in from my PITH exchange partner Gawdelpus. I have never seen anything like it and the pen looks even better in person! This is a casting with braided copper wire in it.

It's so nice I am afraid to use it! I also received a bunch of blanks to go along with it.

I'm not sure my crappy photos can really do this pen justice but here are some pics!

Thanks again, John!

Doug Swanson

Glad you like it Doug , a few members on here do the same sort of thing in casting various patterned materials . This copper came from one such member hehe. so it is much travelled .Use the pen by all means that's what they are for :) contact me if you have trouble changing the refill in due course as they are a bit tricky first time around . So much shine and glitter is a bit hard to capture fully on camera , I might add the copper braid is so much easier to work with than the stainless I usually have to work with :( . cheers ~ John

ToddMR

the pen is from a peice of highly figured mackay cedar
oh and i got my parcel today as well i also am going to have to wait to find out the timber used thanks for the blanks :biggrin: and i hope you enjoy the blanks i sent you :biggrin: just ask bitshird and rhossack they know :biggrin:

It is spalted maple on a black ti jr gent ii. I hope you use it well lol. I wasn't sure what I was going to use at first, but then I saw that piece in the store and knew that was the one.

witz1976

Teaser for Phunky2003's PITH **PART DEUX**

So I spun it and it seemed to survive!! Now on to finishing and completing!:biggrin::biggrin:

Here is another teaser...

Attachments

• DSCN1730.jpg
    DSCN1730.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 139

maxman400

Here is my awesome package I got from Maxman400. He really went way over the top. He sent a Redwood Burl, cast in red, white, and blue Alumilite, set of Fountain, Rollerball, and pencil in a custom fit case. He also sent the great blanks in the photos.:biggrin::):biggrin:
The crummy photos don't do the pens justice but I blame my husband for that.:rolleyes:
I hope they serve you well and for a long time. This was only my third Fountain Pen so I was really unsure about it. Enjoy. :)

Brooks803

Here's a teaser for my partner Jack Barnes....One of these was used to make your pen. The others...well they got jealous so I put as many as possible in the box to keep each other company. Look forward to you receiving it soon!

Attachments

• 100_8647.jpg
    100_8647.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 158

Gofer

Teaser for LarryDNJR

Larry has done very well with the teaser pics and showing some extra goodies that are heading my way, so here are a couple teasers for him.

I think the "blank" in the first pic may have to be trimmed a little before it gets drilled and tubed but thats OK. It was my souvenir from my trip to Cuba in June, and it has something to do with his PITH package.

Hmmm maybe another "natural" material would work??? PITH package perhaps???

A jig perhaps this might have been used ... it added more time to this project at any rate.

Where's Waldo ... or your PITH pen .... one of them is in the pic ... start looking.

Good news version 3 made it to completion with only 6 hours spend fixing an untold number of stupid mistakes that I pray that I will never be dumb enough to repeat.:befuddled: I even cleaned everything in and around my area today .... and then the wife made me clean the rest of the garage.:redface:

391158536.jpg

391158538.jpg

391158535.jpg

391158540.jpg

Bruce

DurocShark

Ok, here's the pic.

I love how Skippy did the blue field and the red/white stripes like the US flag. And that pool cue pen... :eek::eek::eek:

1_SRPith.jpg

Phunky_2003

I still think that pool cue pen is one of the sharpest things I have seen. Makes my feeble attempts look worse. LOL

I like the red/white/blue inlays on the other one also. Both are stunning.

witz1976

From Phunky_2003, it is like PITHMAS!!

So the mail lady was about 3 hours late today as she knew I was waiting for my PITH pen from James. Very excited to see 2 very stunning pens, but also some really cool blanks, 1 is a wolftat photochromatic, and 1 is a map that is very interesting.

BUT on to the pens...The first pen is a red/white/blue Baron. Looks very tie dye and cool! The second is a neat feather sierra, which looks so sophisticated.

Thanks again James, yours is coming soon!!

Attachments

• Goodies 2.jpg
    Goodies 2.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 130
  • Sierra close.jpg
    Sierra close.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 143

mbroberg

IAP Activities Manager, Emeritus
From Skywizzard to mbroberg

Tru-Stone Bloody Basin Red Jasper and Sodalite fitted perfectly to a Black Ti Jr. Gent Rollerball. Thanks Wendell! Along with the pen came a beautiful assortment of blanks, spalted sycamore, southern red cedar and an unknown driftwood. Wendall harvested the cedar and driftwood himself while at Hilton Head. They're gonna make some fine pens! Oh...........and some bottle stopper blanks too!:biggrin:

Attachments

• Pith 2010b from Skywizard.jpg
    Pith 2010b from Skywizard.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 105
  • Pith 2010c from Skywizard.jpg
    Pith 2010c from Skywizard.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 130

aggromere

Pen from Bigshed

I received my PITH pen from Bigshed a few days ago. I have never made or owned a cartridge pen, but I sure like it. It looks incredible and I like the heft of it. A relative has already tried to steal it and demanded that I learn how to make them.

the pen is made from the bark from the red iron bark tree. He also sent me a blank of the material so I good give it a try. It seems brittle and has lots of little voids. I bet it was a bear to turn.

He also sent me a bunch of blanks from Australia, some cartridges pre-drilled so I could make a cartridge pen. I posted a couple of pictures in the photo album, but here are some more.

Attachments

• DSCN1002-crop.jpg
    DSCN1002-crop.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 172
  • DSCN1006-crop.jpg
    DSCN1006-crop.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 160
  • DSCN1010-crop.jpg
    DSCN1010-crop.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 188

Stevej72

I received my pen from Rudy (Rudy497) on Monday. It is a Cigar made from Mesquite. I had never seen mesquite before, except in wood chips, I really like the grain and color. Rudy did a great job turning and finishing it. I wish my photography skills were better, as the picture doesn't do it justice. He also sent me some Mesquite and whitetail deer antler blanks. Thank you, Rudy!

Attachments

• Mesquite Cigar.jpg
    Mesquite Cigar.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 145

Nick

I received my PITH pen from Alton (greenmtnguy)
It is a fantistic triple dyed Box Elder burl on a Sterling Silver Baron.
Alton has done a fantistic CA finish.
Thank you very much for the pen and the suprise blanks as well.
Thanks again

Attachments

• IMG_0231.JPG
    IMG_0231.JPG
    23.3 KB · Views: 176

burr

"Mike mine is finished just need to ship next time at the PO "

Sam I am at the same stage, hopefully on Friday.

Caden_Hrabak

So i got home yesterday and started to bust out cathy sues pen :) all done now heres your teaser photo ill send it off as soon as i can get to the post office.

I cant wait for mine Cathy :DD

Attachments

• 100_0370.jpg
    100_0370.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 161

Seer

My PITH pen

This is the Very nice pen I recieved from Austin (Slick) and it is the first fountain pen he made and a new kit for him and I personally think it is excellent work. Not sure of the wood but it is beautiful and I wanted to thank him for the wonderful pen and also some very nice blanks. Thanks Austin I like it a lot. Also Mike thanks for all the hard work you did in this PITH.
Jerry

The wood is a Cocoa Maple Burl Austin has informed me.

Attachments

• IMG_3988.jpg
    IMG_3988.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 145
  • IMG_3989.jpg
    IMG_3989.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 134
Last edited:

maxman400

maxman400's PITH from awolfe

I got my PITH box today in the mail from Alicia Wolfe, and inside was this Beautiful Jr Gent II all tucked away in a nice hard case and that was packed tightly in place by all of these blanks. The blank is Red, White and Blue (by radams) and has a lot of pearl, it is on a Black Ti Jr Gent II. The fit and finish is dead on I can not feel the transition between the blank and the hardware.
I took the photos outside to try and catch the sparkles, I only got a few but it has thousands. I hope you enjoy the photos because I have the Pen. :biggrin:
attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• PITH from awolfe 008.jpg
    PITH from awolfe 008.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 591
  • PITH from awolfe 023.jpg
    PITH from awolfe 023.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 624
  • PITH from awolfe 006.jpg
    PITH from awolfe 006.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 305
  • PITH from awolfe 028.jpg
    PITH from awolfe 028.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 133
  • PITH from awolfe 035.jpg
    PITH from awolfe 035.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 123

Hucifer

My Pith with Areaman

Here are the results of our exchange. The first is my new pen from Areaman. it's an Elegant Sierra, with a bald eagle inlay, and a red, white and blue acrylic band. The second pic is Areaman's new pen from me. It's a Jr Retro in copper, with a birdseye maple cap, and a vertically segmented body of ironwood and something light. My first kick at the segmented cat...

Attachments

• IMG_0107.JPG
    IMG_0107.JPG
    49.6 KB · Views: 171
  • IMG_0093.JPG
    IMG_0093.JPG
    82.6 KB · Views: 163
Last edited:
Top Bottom