PITH 2010 PHOTOS

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

CSue

Local Chapter Leader
Caden_Hrabak's Teaser

So I finished Caden's pen today. It's waiting for an address. And while you're waiting, Caden, here's your teaser . . .

Attachments

• PITH Teaser 2.jpg
    PITH Teaser 2.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 139
Pens from OLDMAN5050

I got two great pens from OLDMAN505 a red white and blue pen and a pen made from a 50 year old tobacco stick that was used to hang and dry tobacco, plus a load of blanks. THANK YOU so much, way beyond my expectations.

Attachments

• from_OLDMAN5050 to mike of the north1.jpg
    from_OLDMAN5050 to mike of the north1.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 121
  • from OLDMAN550 to Mike of the north2.jpg
    from OLDMAN550 to Mike of the north2.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 127
  • blanks from OLDMAN5050.jpg
    blanks from OLDMAN5050.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 120

RAdams

Banned
I agree with Caden, That is a pretty cool picture! Looks like abstract art or something...

penmaker1967

i have finshed my partners pen over the weekend i am puting the finsh on it now it should be ready to send by the weekend i have not been on the site at all sience thursday night i am on my work computer doing this thread my computer was hi jacked some time last week and it took till fri morning for the virus prigram to start giving me trouble i didnt even know it was hi jacked till i called my computer tech and he told me he was just about to call me about a eamil that was sent on my personal email account so he has my computer now and hopefully i will have it back by mid week and then i will post a pic of my partners pen that he asked me to do.

Last edited:

RAdams

Banned
I recieved my pith box today! It included an amazing segmented Cigar pen with metal, trustone, and wood segments!!! Of course my picture taking sucks. I will try to get a better pic in the next few days.

It also had a bunch of amazing blanks inside the box! Again, I will try to get a decent pic.

THANKS JOE!! I LOVE IT! It is my new daily writer!

Attachments

• pith pen.JPG
    pith pen.JPG
    38 KB · Views: 196

glycerine

I recieved my pith box today! It included an amazing segmented Cigar pen with metal, trustone, and wood segments!!! Of course my picture taking sucks. I will try to get a better pic in the next few days.

It also had a bunch of amazing blanks inside the box! Again, I will try to get a decent pic.

Now that's a pretty pen!

David Keller

That's a sharp looking pen.

LarryDNJR

Gofer PITH Gift Package

Here are some things I'm sending over to Gofer along with his pen which is finally done after about 5 attempts until I was happy with the results. :) Soon as I can scrounge up the cash this package is out the door!

Picture 1

10 Yellowheart
2 Buckeye Burl
2 Oak
3 Cherry
3 Apple
3 Birch

The yellowheart blanks are about 5/8" square.

Picture 2

1 Leopardwood
1 Wenge
1 Zebrawood
1 Cedar
1 Short Pecan
1 Ash
1 Zebrawood Curly
1 Walnut (Been dry for over 20+ years)
1 Butternut
1 Mahagony
1 Curly Maple
1 Mulberry

The Butternut, Mahagony, Curly Maple and Mulberry are some nice large blanks.

Picture 3

4 Small Slabs of Corian
1 Roughly 6" 10mm Brass Tube
1 Blue/Gold Swirl Acrylic
1 Maple Syrup Acrylic
2 Pen Kits (European and American I believe)

Attachments

• Gofer PITH Package 01.jpg
    Gofer PITH Package 01.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 120
  • Gofer PITH Package 02.jpg
    Gofer PITH Package 02.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 113
  • Gofer PITH Package 03.jpg
    Gofer PITH Package 03.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 132

BigShed

Teaser for aggromere

Peter, somewhere in all that padding is a pen, so be careful when you open that parcel.

It is winging it's way to you as I type:biggrin:

Attachments

• IMG_2028.JPG
    IMG_2028.JPG
    87.6 KB · Views: 94

JeremyJ

This is your pen, or whats left of it. Lesson learned AGAIN don't rush when your wife calls for you. Next please damkit

Attachments

• 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 186

mbroberg

IAP Activities Manager, Emeritus
Teaser for Skywizard

Actually had some time to work on it last weekend. Hopefully will finish it this weekend.

Attachments

• IMG00042-20100814-1459.jpg
    IMG00042-20100814-1459.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 173

THarvey

Kev !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

One last tease before everything jumps in the box.

Sorry, It looks like our friend is a little camera shy. I really hope you like him. He's made from North American timbers.

Attachments

• PITH Tease 3.jpg
    PITH Tease 3.jpg
    15.8 KB · Views: 98
  • PITH Tease 4.jpg
    PITH Tease 4.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 156

bobleibo

on our way to buy supplies

Here we are on our way to buy the supplies to make my pen for Chris (craftdiggity).....hope we get there in time to mail it off by the 4th of next month !
Cheers
Bob

attachment.php

Attachments

• Florida biker and his babe.jpg
    Florida biker and his babe.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 548
Last edited:

Buzzzz4

Teaser for Janet

For Janet's first PITH I decided to work with the exchange rate in 1985...
And I even got some red and white in there!

Attachments

• P8170631.jpg
    P8170631.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 159
  • P8170632.jpg
    P8170632.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 133

penmaker1967

my partners pen is ready to go i will be posting a pic of it should be by tommorrow hope he likes it. my partners pen will be going out sat am with a few other surprizes he wanted to post the pen himself so i will not be posting the pen that i did i will post the one that i recieve

Last edited:

mbroberg

IAP Activities Manager, Emeritus
ARRRRRRRGH!! Skywizard's PITH pen blew up tonight!! :at-wits-end::mad: Oh well, work on v2 will begin this weekend.:neutral:

jskeen

I'm having to update my teaser for George, the blank I was planning on using turned out to look a lot better square than it did turned down to size. Oh well. And the tooth I was planning to use seems to have been abducted by the shop gremlins, so I had to sub in another critters dentalwork. So, here's the mark 2 teaser pics.

Attachments

• images.jpg
    images.jpg
    7.3 KB · Views: 132
  • ivory.jpg
    ivory.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 100

jskeen

IT'S DONE!!!

I was telling my PITH partner about my "User pen rack" on my desk in a recent pm, and how I rotate most new fountain pens I make through it for at least one cartridge of ink before they go in the "ready for sale" box. So...... I thought I'd post a quick pic. George, Your PITH is on here somewhere, Wanna guess which one? Don't worry, there is still a surprise or two you can't see :)

Attachments

• PICT0014.jpg
    PICT0014.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 205

dalemcginnis

Local Chapter Leader
My PITH from trickdick

It is an Executive fountain with a spalted Chinese Tallow blank, BLO/CA finish.

1_P1040254_edited.JPG

1_P1040253_edited.JPG

Thanks Rick. It looks great.

robutacion

I was telling my PITH partner about my "User pen rack" on my desk in a recent pm, and how I rotate most new fountain pens I make through it for at least one cartridge of ink before they go in the "ready for sale" box. So...... I thought I'd post a quick pic. George, Your PITH is on here somewhere, Wanna guess which one? Don't worry, there is still a surprise or two you can't see :)

Wow, miaw...!:eek: which one huh...???:confused: humm... I reckon is number 5 from the left to right...!:confused: bugger if I know...!!!:biggrin:

What an ugly looking creature you used the dental material from...! porka-stalker, piggy, piggy..., where are you...????:wink:

Cheers
George

witz1976

Teaser for Phunky2003's PITH

Ok, so here is my teaser pic, now I need to PRAY I don't blow it up on the lathe when I go to turn it. (yes this has red white and blue in it!:biggrin:)

Attachments

• DSCN1714.jpg
    DSCN1714.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 149

Phunky_2003

Ok, so here is my teaser pic, now I need to PRAY I don't blow it up on the lathe when I go to turn it. (yes this has red white and blue in it!:biggrin:)

OK I am officially lost..... looks like..... ummm i dunno what it looks like. BTW your package left Texas today. Hope you like the contents.

nevyen

Finally a teaser for Toni

Here are the 3 main components for the PITH project. I have one finished and am working on the other two. I'd have two finished but I seem to be having a run of wood that looks better with bark on it.

Attachments

• DSC04369.jpg
    DSC04369.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 148
  • DSC04330.jpg
    DSC04330.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 114

witz1976

OK I am officially lost..... looks like..... ummm i dunno what it looks like. BTW your package left Texas today. Hope you like the contents.

LOL yea my silicone mold was a little rough...oh well. I may post another teaser if I can turn it...right now i am scared to death of it :eek::biggrin::biggrin:

Top Bottom