PITH 2010 PHOTOS

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mbroberg

IAP Activities Manager, Emeritus
[FONT=&quot]Posting Photos[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Teaser photos are encouraged. They are fun and peak the interest of everyone before the actual picture of the pen is posted. Post teaser photos directly into this thread. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
Jeff has created an album on the PHOTOS page of the site, under the heading, "IAP EVENTS" that is titled, "PITH 2010". That is where the pictures of the completed PITH pens are to be uploaded. The person who receives the pen should be the one who posts a photo of it in the album. If you receive a pen and are unable to post photos, request the person who sent the pen to post a photo for you. After the photo has been uploaded to the, "PITH 2010" album please post in this thread. Instructions for uploading the Teaser Photos to this thread and for uploading photos of the completed pens to the "PITH 2010" album are included in this post.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Summary

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] Teaser Photos are posted directly into this thread.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Photos of completed pens are to be posted by the recipient of the pen unless the recipient requests the sender to post a photo for them.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Photos of completed pens are posted into the PITH 2010 album, and then from the album they are posted into this thread.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
$50.00 Gift Certificate

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Jeff, our benevolent dictator, has authorized a $50.00 gift certificate to be given to one participant who successfully completes the PITH exchange. The GOAL for completing the swaps was set in the original announcement as 5 weeks. Now that there is a $50.00 prize on the line there needs to be a firm date for completion so the drawing can be held. That date is September 25, 2010. That is 8 weeks and should be plenty of time for people to complete their swaps. The swap will be considered complete when a photo of the pen you created appears in the "PITH 2010" photo album. If a photo of the pen you created does not appear in the PITH 2010 album you will not be included in the drawing.[/FONT] (Naturally, I am excluding myself from the drawing. $50.00 isn't worth the grief I would have to endure if I won:beat-up:)

[FONT=&quot]Instructions for uploading PITH photos to the PITH 2010 album.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]1. Click on the, "Photos" link that appears at the top of every IAP web page.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]2. Scroll down to the section titled, "IAP Events".[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]3. Click on the link that says, "PITH 2010".[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]4. Scroll up to the box located right above the photos and find the underlined link titled, "Upload". Click on the link.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]5. Find the drop down menu box that is located under the words, "Upload File" "Category" . Make sure that the selection showing in the drop down menus box says, "PITH 2010". If it doesn't say, "PITH 2010", click the arrow on the box and select, "PITH 2010" from the menu.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]6. Click, "Continue".[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]7. Click the button labeled, "Browse" next to the box titled, "Upload File From Computer".[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]8. Find and click on the photo of the PITH pen that you have on your computer.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]9. Click on the picture so that the path to the photo appears in the box.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]10. Write a title for your picture where indicated.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]11. Write a brief description of the pen, who it came from and anything else you want to say about in the, "Description" field.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]12. Click, "Upload" at the bottom of you screen[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Your photo should now appear in the PITH 2010 Photo Album.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
How to post a photo from the PITH 2010 Photo Album to a thread.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]1. In the, " PITH 2010 Photos" thread click, "Add Reply" at the top left of the page.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]2. Title your post if you want to and provide a description of the pen, who made it and anything else you would like to say in the appropriate box.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]3. Click on the link titled, "Images", located beneath all the smiley faces. A pop-up box will appear.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]4. Click the arrow on the drop-down menu box labeled, "Category".[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]5. Click on, "PITH 2010".[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]6. Click on the photo of the pen that you uploaded previously.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]7. Complete your post by clicking, "Submit Reply".[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]If anyone has any questions about anything related to PITH 2010 please PM or email me. My phone number will be made available upon request by PM or email.[/FONT]

Last edited:

broitblat

Re-tease

OK, I started before the correct thread existed, but now that it's here, I"ll try again.

Here's a tease for what may or may not become a PITH pen:

I choose to go with the color suggestions and had to know who I'd be paired with before putting away the other colors. I have some other thoughts, but let's see your ideas.

-Barry

RAdams

Banned
ok, Now i gotta post a teaser too! Fair warning i chose not to follow the color scheme.

Well i will post a picture when i find the camera.

Last edited:

EBorraga

Passed Away July 17, 2022
In Memoriam
I'm breaking the rules on this one, SORRY:biggrin: I also got to get my camera fixed.

Attachments

• DSC_0011 (Small).JPG
    DSC_0011 (Small).JPG
    20.9 KB · Views: 396

mick

My entry!

This is my PITH entry....or it will be! :biggrin:

Attachments

• teaser2.jpg
    teaser2.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 338
  • teaser3.jpg
    teaser3.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 315
  • teaser4.jpg
    teaser4.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 392

RAdams

Banned
Hey!!! No fair!!!:eek:

FAIR???? I WANNA GO!!!

Is teh Gravitron gonna be there?? That is the funnest ride of all time! If you get a really cool operator, they will let you do some tricks. If you really act like you know what you are doing, you can stand on the pad, and extend your body out to almost Horizontal. I have rode that ride roughly a Gazillion times in my life!

I used to go to the Fair, and go straight to the Gravitron. I would ride it, run around and get right back on. Easily 60 or 80 rides in a day, 2 or 3 days a year for SEVERAL years!

Here is my contribution to the teasers..

Attachments

• pith teaser.jpg
    pith teaser.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 386
Last edited:

LarryDNJR

Teaser for Gofer's PITH

Here is the 1st teaser photo for Gofer's PITH I am working on.

Attachments

• PITH 2010 Gofer Teaser.jpg
    PITH 2010 Gofer Teaser.jpg
    102 KB · Views: 309

aussieturner

hmm thinking some of us aussies should throw in a teaser or 2 :biggrin:
yep later this week or on weekend
now should it be 1 blank or heap of blanks for a swap from the land of oz :biggrin::biggrin: i think that pics of a heap of australian blanks may not be considered a teaser but cause a serious foaming of the mouth :biggrin::biggrin:

i already know of 2 members that are very happy with the blanks i sent them in a swap on the aussie forum earlier this year bitshird and rhossack they were happy with 2.2lbs of blanks EACH and ToddMR is going to be happy as well

bitshird

I CALL SWAP WITH TROY NEXT PITH!!!!!!!

Has to happen, I called it.....:biggrin:

Lupe, You wouldn't believe some of the wood Troy sent me, They have a Cedar down there that is unlike any Cedar I've ever seen, also got this stuff called Red Lance, it's beautiful and I just finished a sweet little Red Mallee Sierra.

you never know you may just get lucky :biggrin: even may look at doing a private swap or 2 on this forum later this year :biggrin:

Troy I'll do a trade with any of you gents from Down Under any time, Some of the sharpest pens I've seen come from your Continent, Heck I'll even trade with Funky Chicken again. You folks have some great talent and the woods to make beautiful pens with.
Cheers

aussieturner

teaser from down under:biggrin:
might be a pith blank in here, some of these getting sent to my pith partner ToddMR in a swap still got more to sort and select for him

Attachments

• mixed aussie blanks 1.jpg
    mixed aussie blanks 1.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 262
  • mixed aussie blanks 2.jpg
    mixed aussie blanks 2.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 228
  • mixed aussie blanks 3.jpg
    mixed aussie blanks 3.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 206

RAdams

Banned
MY PITH PEN IS FINISHED!!!

Am i first?? does it matter??

I am not posting any more photos till my partner gets his pen but i will say this. It has been the HARDEST pen i have ever made in my life! I think it will be unique to the entire PITH!

THAT'S RIGHT! I think my pen is different than all the rest!

ToddMR

teaser from down under:biggrin:
might be a pith blank in here, some of these getting sent to my pith partner ToddMR in a swap still got more to sort and select for him

Hehe funny. I am still trying to decide what to do for yours.

Troy (aussieturner),

Here is a nice teaser photo for you. Your PITH blank MIGHT be in this mix lol. (All bow before the wall of wood)

Last edited:

mbroberg

IAP Activities Manager, Emeritus
Hehe funny. I am still trying to decide what to do for yours.

Troy (aussieturner),

Here is a nice teaser photo for you. Your PITH blank MIGHT be in this mix lol. (All bow before the wall of wood)

Looks like the wall at the Wood Werks Store to me!! Ahhhhhhhhhhh!!

turbowagon

A few teaser pics for Jeff (workinforwood).

One of the rarest burls in the world from the second oldest organism on Earth... excavated out of the mud from a tree that fell naturally over a hundred years ago.

PITH_burl.JPG

Tiny birdseyes and hundreds of growth rings in a single pen blank. It's a shame the fragrant oils will be trapped behind the finish.

PITH_blank1.JPG

PITH_blank2.JPG

I hope to have your pen complete in about two weeks.

- Joe

David Keller

Heres one for David.:biggrin:

The background.

Sweeeeeeet! I'll probably finish up your pen this weekend and then see if I have any 'packing material' worth using. Would you rather I use the local newspaper or maybe some of this funky looking wood I have cut up into blanks?

You can ask Ron if I might have any wood that you would like.

el_d

Sweeeeeeet! I'll probably finish up your pen this weekend and then see if I have any 'packing material' worth using. Would you rather I use the local newspaper or maybe some of this funky looking wood I have cut up into blanks?

Got plenty of news paper. :biggrin:

soligen

Does anyone see a pen plank here? I think I'm behind the curve. Good news is the silicon mold is finally cured :) and my new respirator arrived :). Bad news is I sprained my ankle on the golf course this evening :frown:. Stepped in a hole along side the cart path right after a sweet looking 5 wood hit that ended up landing 3 feet out of bounds :frown:.

Attachments

• DSCN1060.JPG
    DSCN1060.JPG
    92.8 KB · Views: 274

RAdams

Banned

UUUUH.... YEAH....... ummmm when you open the box, be sitting down, and have a paper towel to sop up the drool. I did a trade with Mr. Keller where i sent some of my homebrews, and he sent me wood. It was a grab bag of some of the most beautiful and exotic species I have ever seen. Some of this wood, I have never heard of and am savoring the day i finally gain teh nerve to turn it into pens.

In fact, Lupe, You should opt for the Daily Oklahoman packaging and i will get with David and dispose of the cut up wood!!:biggrin:

You are a lucky man in this pith! David's pen is sure to be a show stopper, and the "packaging" will be as impressive!

el_d

UUUUH.... YEAH....... ummmm when you open the box, be sitting down, and have a paper towel to sop up the drool. I did a trade with Mr. Keller where i sent some of my homebrews, and he sent me wood. It was a grab bag of some of the most beautiful and exotic species I have ever seen. Some of this wood, I have never heard of and am savoring the day i finally gain teh nerve to turn it into pens.

In fact, Lupe, You should opt for the Daily Oklahoman packaging and i will get with David and dispose of the cut up wood!!:biggrin:

You are a lucky man in this pith! David's pen is sure to be a show stopper, and the "packaging" will be as impressive!

Nice!!!!!!:biggrin::biggrin:

gawdelpus

Passed Away May 11, 2015
In Memoriam
From a remote corner of Tasmania... you probably guessed it. :wink:

Hehe! almost any Aussie woodworker can spot a bit of Tassie Bird's eye :) much sort after even here :)
My PITH is done ,just waiting on postal address , cheers ~ John

Top Bottom