Paul Huffman Pen Vise

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

RogerGarrett

Finally set it up and mounted it - clamped it to the drill press.

Geez.........it was SO worth the wait. Very easy to use, very accurate, and I don't have to reset the gig I was using every time I drill a slightly different size piece of wood.

Thanks Paul.

Best,
Roger Garrett

jcollazo

Mine showed up this morning. The vise is is far beyond beauty and functionality. It's like Michaelangelo's Sistine Chapel, Leonardo da Vinci's Mona Lisa, .......... uh, I'm gonna go make a pen!

Thanks Paul

jcollazo

It's been a good day! I think the Paul Huffman vise is happy in its' new home.......
2006112661729_PHVise.jpg

Thanks again Paul

Joe

bradbn4

Hmm, not sure if I sent you an e-mail saying that the vice arrived - it did!
Now to do something about that pesky -1 temp expected tonight - got to move
the car into my "play" area so I can go to work and pay for my play area.

I guess I am going to have to dig up some 3/4 inch plywood to make my own base.
I sort of like the idea about having two bases - big old one to stiffen up my
drill press base and another to mount directly to the vice. Maybe I can find
something in gold leaf.

bradbn4

BRobbins629

Passed Away Dec 28, 2021
In Memoriam
Today I joined the list of proud PHD vise owners. I can't remember the last time I waited 8 weeks for anything, but a year from now when I am drilling perfectly centered blanks, don't have to go through finger contortions to insert or remove blanks, don't have to hold one hand on the knob, can drill larger blanks, etc., the time will be of no importance. In this world of do it faster and cheaper from China its nice to see a well engineered tool from one of our own in the good old USA. Thanks Paul.

Paul in OKC

Thanks again to all for the good words and for being so patient. I am winding down on getting through the waiting list, and hope to have all done in the next couple of weeks, barring too much life happening.

gerryr

I got mine about a week ago and finally had a chance to use it recently. I should have ordered one when I first heard about them. I think I would have ruined a lot fewer pieces of antler.

Paul in OKC

Originally posted by gerryr
<br />I got mine about a week ago and finally had a chance to use it recently. I should have ordered one when I first heard about them. I think I would have ruined a lot fewer pieces of antler.

I am trying to work on an adapter to better hold antler blanks. On the to-do list!

gerryr

The first thing I drilled on the new vise was antler and it worked great. I was able to line it up just how I wanted it, off-center to leave plenty of bark.

kenwc

I've had to bump my purchase of Pauls vice a couple of times to take care other matters. BUT....I'd like to see some pics of the way you have mounted yours. I've seen the ones already posted but wondered how others might be doing it.

its_virgil

With the influx of Christmas mail into New York, all mail from Oklahoma City to New York State is being rerouted through California. It may be aanother week or two.[:D][}:)] Couldn't resist. I do hope it arrives very very soon. Paul's vice is one sweeeet vice.
Do a good turn daily!
Don
Originally posted by sandking
<br />OK I can't wait to go home and see if it arrived yet.

sandking

Originally posted by its_virgil
<br />With the influx of Christmas mail into New York, all mail from Oklahoma City to New York State is being rerouted through California. It may be aanother week or two.[:D][}:)] Couldn't resist. I do hope it arrives very very soon. Paul's vice is one sweeeet vice.
Do a good turn daily!
Don

Well it wasn't there when i got home yesterday [:(]. Maybe today [:D]

sandking

Originally posted by its_virgil
<br />With the influx of Christmas mail into New York, all mail from Oklahoma City to New York State is being rerouted through California. It may be aanother week or two.[:D][}:)] Couldn't resist. I do hope it arrives very very soon. Paul's vice is one sweeeet vice.
Do a good turn daily!
Don
<br />OK I can't wait to go home and see if it arrived yet.

Real funny Don but I think you're right....[:(!][:(!][:(!] It's now Saturday and no vise[:(!]. Bah humbug I had a pen I need to make for Christmas tonight and wanted to break it in. I think with all the tool and pen kit deliveries lately the mailman thinks there's no room at the inn!!!!!

redbulldog

Joe:
You are not alone with shipments not getting to you at this time of year. I had pen mills shipped from Paul on Dec 15 from Oklahoma City to Blackfoot,ID. another package was shipped from California on 16 December to Blackfoot, ID. neither package has arrived as yet, makes you feel as if you live in a foreign country or having things checked by customs.
hopefully we will both have our packages so we can start fresh in 2007.

kenwc

I have had to bump myself off the PH vice list a couple of time as other priorities took it's place and I still intend to won one soon.

I am curious to know however, what you think about it compared to the PSI vice. In other words what has improved for you? I just need a ~fix~ until I can get one.

Thanks....Ken

reed43

For those of you who do not have one YET it is a crime to put Pauls vice in the sentence as one from PSI.[:D] ( PS I say YET because everyone should own one someday )

kenwc

I KNOW I KNOW...It's a crime[B)]....But until I can get one I want to live vicariosuly through someone else...a video..YESSSSSSSSS...a video of it in use would get me by...[;)]

tas2181

Had Paul's vise for a month or two and yesterday it found a new and more appropriate home- on my new Delta 17-950L.

20061227171350_dp.jpg
<br />

The t-slots on the table make getting the vise centered a snap and no more having to raise the table to finish a drilling a blank.[:D]

sandking

My Huffman vise was here and now it's gone[:(!] No one was home to sign for it, so the wait continues[V]

Thank goodness the girlfriend is a teacher and can pick it up during the day. When I called her this morning she was folding clothes and cleaning the house. I wanted to scream get dressed and go find my Huffman vise, the house isn't important right now!!!![:D]

Paul in OKC

<br />My Huffman vise was here and now it's gone[:(!] No one was home to sign for it, so the wait continues[V]

Thank goodness the girlfriend is a teacher and can pick it up during the day. When I called her this morning she was folding clothes and cleaning the house. I wanted to scream get dressed and go find my Huffman vise, the house isn't important right now!!!![:D]
Really! Hey, at least it is in the neighborhood finally.

sandking

I got it, I got it, I got it. Absolutely amazing Paul. Here's my 8,000 cents (a.k.a. $80), great work and well worth the wait. I hope this is the last vise I'll ever need.... I hope to mount it on Friday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom