FALL 2012 PITH SIGN-UP AND RULES

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

woodwzrd

I am more of a lurker on this site but I love to make trades so I would love to get in on this. It will give me a good excuse to try something new.

hunter-27

Passed Away Aug 14, 2013
In Memoriam
After a couple withdrawals and some recent additions we are at 341 edit:oops how about 241. Still plenty of time to sign up, so if you have not feel free to do so.
I'm thinking one of these numbers is wrong, or there have been more than a "couple" withdrawals...
:wink::biggrin:

Last edited:

hunter-27

Passed Away Aug 14, 2013
In Memoriam

hunter-27

Passed Away Aug 14, 2013
In Memoriam
Can I be in X 2? One for me and one for my son?
Pm me some more info and we will try to come up with a solution within the forum rules.

Hey, I didn't think about that. My daughter would love to participate too...

PM a'comin!
I'm all for the kids getting involved in the hobby but I need to get with admin before I can give an answer.
A plan is in the works. :wink: I do believe we are at 259 with a few more now pending.

Last edited:

mbroberg

IAP Activities Manager, Emeritus
Participation of family members

The question has been raised about individuals entering multiple times, once for themselves and then for other family members. This question has not been asked of me in the past. I am all for cultivating the "next generation" of pen turners. However, as of right now I am answering the question like this.

IAP activities are open to IAP members. In the PITH activity, unless otherwise specified in the opening rules post, there is one entry per member unless there are an odd number of entrants. If there is an odd number of entrants then the Activity Chairman can designate one member to participate twice so that all members who desire to participate may do so. Membership in the IAP is open to individuals 13 years of age or older who provide all the required registration information. So, if the family member in question is 13 or older have him/her join. If not, they may not participate.

Now that the issue has been raised I am open to some sort of activity that allows participation by children of IAP members who are under the age of 13. I'll give this some thought and await (and encourage) the multiple PM's I will undoubtedly receive that are chalked full of good, viable suggestions. :)

hunter-27

Passed Away Aug 14, 2013
In Memoriam
The question has been raised about individuals entering multiple times, once for themselves and then for other family members. This question has not been asked of me in the past. I am all for cultivating the "next generation" of pen turners. However, as of right now I am answering the question like this.

IAP activities are open to IAP members. In the PITH activity, unless otherwise specified in the opening rules post, there is one entry per member unless there are an odd number of entrants. If there is an odd number of entrants then the Activity Chairman can designate one member to participate twice so that all members who desire to participate may do so. Membership in the IAP is open to individuals 13 years of age or older who provide all the required registration information. So, if the family member in question is 13 or older have him/her join. If not, they may not participate.

Now that the issue has been raised I am open to some sort of activity that allows participation by children of IAP members who are under the age of 13. I'll give this some thought and await (and encourage) the multiple PM's I will undoubtedly receive that are chalked full of good, viable suggestions. :)

Jeff has answered me but I will continue to hold off on what we will do until I can make sure we do it correctly.

hunter-27

Passed Away Aug 14, 2013
In Memoriam
[FONT=&amp]This seems to be getting overlooked so I thought I'd address it.

In this event I am combining it with a blank exchange so you will need to add at least 2 blanks to your box. The blanks should be of normal, pen blank size, and can be whatever you want. Your favorite wood, your favorite cast, inlay, decals, segments, ETC.[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]It has been asked of me numerous times if more than 2 blanks can be sent. I don't mind if you ship 500 blanks along with the pen as long as you do your part and send the minimum of 2 as outlined in the rules.[/FONT]

Landon

hunter-27

Passed Away Aug 14, 2013
In Memoriam
Children of members for the PITH

Pm me some more info and we will try to come up with a solution within the forum rules.

PM a'comin!

PM a'comin!
I'm all for the kids getting involved in the hobby but I need to get with admin before I can give an answer.

PM a'comin!
A plan is in the works. :wink: I do believe we are at 259 with a few more now pending.

Jeff has answered me but I will continue to hold off on what we will do until I can make sure we do it correctly.

"Kid" being 16 and probably going to turn out something cooler than I will.

"Kid" being 16 and probably going to turn out something cooler than I will.

Have him become a member. We'd love to meet him.
Okay, take a deep breath and let it out. :biggrin:
I am glad to have the younger members interested in the forum and the craft so I have worked with the "Big Boss" to come up with this:

Because we moderate the forum to PG-13, and to comply with the Childrens On-Line Privacy Protection Act (COPPA), we do not accept registration from anyone under the age of 13.

Members who want their children to participate in IAP activities are responsible for providing and controlling access to the forum for them. They can sign up their children to participate according to rules established by the member officiating the contest.

For this contest (others may handle it differently) I will accept the names of the underage participants being posted in the sign up thread (this one) by the parent member. The parent member needs to post the Child's intention to participate and to keep the the two separate the child non-member will be referred to in the following way: Member name-child

If the child is at least 13 years of age I would encourage the member help them to establish their own membership and participate in that capacity.Ultimately the parent member will be responsible for ensuring the child understand and follow all contest rules. If there is something I failed to answer I will answer those question via PM as needed.

I will put a second post in its own thread as well to catch some that may miss it here.

Buzzzz4

You have just made the day for both my son and daughter who have both made pens. They would both like to join in on the PITH (as long as it is ok that daddy helps them a bit).

hunter-27

Passed Away Aug 14, 2013
In Memoriam
You have just made the day for both my son and daughter who have both made pens. They would both like to join in on the PITH (as long as it is ok that daddy helps them a bit).
Please put it in a post announcing them with names as I specified in the previous post.( I guess if there are more than 1 you had better use #1 and #2. Hopefully they don't take that ranking too much to heart. :eek::wink: It will depend on the number of -kids that join on how I will determine the pairings for them. As this was a change on the fly, I had no contingency plan for it so I am just gonna make the call at the end of signups.

Last edited:

Buzzzz4

The kids are:

Buzzzz4 Happy 8 year old boy (child 1)
Buzzzz4 Ecstatic 7 year old girl (Child 2)

Thanks!

Last edited:

DurocShark

DurocShark - Happy 9 year old girl!

She'll be making her own resin blanks to include as well. So whoever gets her may end up with some odd color combinations... :wink:

Top Bottom