Eagle's Last Flight

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

DCBluesman

Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam
It is with much sadness that I must tell the forum of William "Eagle" Prisavage's passing. Eagle died this afternoon of a brain aneurism. I'm at a loss for words other than to say that one of my very best friends has taken his last flight. I will post more as I learn more. Rest in peace, my friend.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Just talked with Lou.

If you can find it in your soul, pray for Eagle, his wife, Lynn and their family and his close friends. He was a STRONG personality that supported those he liked.

May God grant him peace.

IPD_Mrs

Originally posted by DCBluesman

It is with much sadness that I must tell the forum of William "Eagle" Prisavage's passing. Eagle died this afternoon of a brain aneurism. I'm at a loss for words other than to say that one of my very best friends has taken his last flight. I will post more as I learn more. Rest in peace, my friend.

Although we had only recently earned the honor of being Eagle's friends, the friendship formed fast and we feel like we have lost someone that had been in our lives since childhood. Eagle quickly endeared himself to us and we all became fast friends. For those of you who never got a chance to meet or know Eagle - the world has lost a very unique and wonderful soul.

Please pray for Eagle's wife, family and friends.. he really was a good heart and I know this will be a very hard time for them.

All of us will miss you terribly Eagle. Fly High my Friend.

20087503457_soaring20eagle.gif

MLK - Mr. & Mrs!

OKLAHOMAN

As I wipe the tears I think back to our last conversation and our last words, yes my friend later. Cav thanks for the call.

GaryMGg

Originally posted by wdcav1952

Fair winds and following seas to a dear friend. The few pens I have that were turned from his blanks will not be for sale at any price.
You can be sure of that.
It would be a wonderful gesture if this pen were returned to Lynn:

20087511027_Pentarsia.jpg

It is truly one of the Master's masterpieces.

gketell

Local Chapter Leader
I'm really sorry to hear of Eagle's passing. He was a great craftsman. His are the only pen pictures I have that I still look at go "how do you do that". And his pentarsia pens like the one above were just fabulous.

He will be missed. God speed to him and best wishes to his family!
GK

gerryr

Words are not adequate to convey my feelings. We didn't always agree, but he was always a friend and, I think, the most talented blank maker ever. God speed, pal.

Rifleman1776

He was an artist with an artists temperament. Even though he and I had a falling out I still had a very special place in my heart for him. He was special with talents few, if any, can match. I'll pray for his family. Very sad news.

M

Mudder

I just returned home to read the sad news. Eagle and I had our ups and downs but I have always had great respect for his talents.

I regret that we'll never get the opportunity to "mend the fences". May he find peace.

IPD_Mrs

Originally posted by GaryMGg

Originally posted by wdcav1952

Fair winds and following seas to a dear friend. The few pens I have that were turned from his blanks will not be for sale at any price.
You can be sure of that.
It would be a wonderful gesture if this pen were returned to Lynn:

20087511027_Pentarsia.jpg

It is truly one of the Master's masterpieces.

I had the pleasure of seeing one of these creations in person when I met Eagle in Chicago just a couple of months ago. I can tell you not only was it one of his finest masterpieces, he was extremely proud of it. He had every right to that pride. It was a tremendous event and one that I will always cherish for the memories I will have of Eagle.

Mrs.

altaciii

The mystery of eagle will continue to be a part of the forum for a long time to come. I never had the chance to talk or meet him but have admired his work from afar. An artist in the true sense of the word. He and all the work he would have created will be missed. Rest in Peace.

maxwell_smart007

Lead Moderator
Staff member
middle of nowhere in the great, white North
I joined the forum long after the Eagle saga had occurred...I did email him a while back, and he was very helpful and kind. Although I didn't know him personally, it's always sad when a great craftsman passes on. It must be sadder still for those of you who knew him well...

So my thoughts are with those of you whom Eagle knew well, and the loved ones he leaves behind.

Andrew

TribalRR

This is very sad news indeed. We had just begun a friendship two weeks ago when he went out of his way to contact me and give me advice and words of encouragement. My thoughts a prayers go out to him and his family.

ashaw

I am so sorry to hear the news. Eagle was a good friend and was truly an artist with wood. He will be greatly missed. Our prayers go out to his family.

Snazzypens

This is a very sad day in penmaking he pushed our boundaries and made us aim higher with his work. I am sadden to hear this and I prayer for his family during this time
Toni

jeff

Administrator
Staff member
This is shocking, sad news. Eagle and I had many differences of opinion, but he certainly earned my respect.

ESwindell

WOW!:( I am deeply saddened by this news. I never new Eagle, but like many I am taken aback by his work. I envy those of you who got to meet him. I will add Lynn and family to my prayer list. The pen turning community has truly lost one of its finest craftsmen.
God Bless,
Eric

airrat

I do not know what to say on this. The blank Eagle donated for our fund raising raffle is beautiful and still sitting in the box. Robert brought it over to our shop and was waiting to turn it. Now it will be turned (I am going to help Robert) and I think I will make a special stand to put it on for memories and never be sold for any price.

I was working on a design for a Coaster to send him to say thank you. Now I will be sending it with my condolences.

What a true loss. I pray for his family and for a speedy journey. He will be truly missed.

fiferb

I had the the honor and pleasure to meet Eagle and I want to tell you what I know of him. Eagle called me out of the blue in November 2006. It was in response to Happy Thanksgiving thread that I had posted in. He'd remembered that my son was killed in Iraq just a year earlier. He wanted to know if he could come visit. He had something to give me. He drove well over and additional 2 hours out of his way to deliver a bullet casing pen made with deer antler and a bloodwood and holly cross. Not long ago Eagle and I agreed to meet at WoodZone in Columbia. We spent over 2 hours talking about various things. I purchased one of his blanks and he gave me another as an experimental piece. I haven't turned either yet but when I do, they'll never be sold either. My impression of Eagle was someone that was up front and didn't pull punches. He was also one of the nicest and most generous people I've met. You will be missed my friend.:(

alphageek

Former Moderator
My thoughts are with Eagle and his entire family tonight. This is a great loss to the penturning community - everything I've seen of his (2nd hand via some of his friends) and in pictures are just amazing... An inspiration to us now and into the future. I wish I would have gotten the chance to meet him in person.

I've been turning pens just undear a year now, I can't imagine the amount I have yet to learn to get to the skill and patience with a blank that Eagle had.

May he rest in peace and peace to his family.

leehljp

Member Liaison
To me he was a true artist that was not bound by conventional thinking. His work inspired me and encouraged me. We emailed only about a half a dozen times or so, and to be truthful, while I was not intimidated by his unique personality, I was so in awe of his imagination that I held back in asking and dialoging, just waiting until I could step a few more notches. On those emails, he usually initiated the dialogs. I wish I had overcome my "shyness" in the midst of his greatness to communicate more.

He will be missed.

Thanks Lou for posting this. I will lift his family up in prayer, and those of you that called him your personal friend.

VisExp

Not long after I joined the IAP I posted a question on the forum. A couple of hours later my phone rang and a gruff voice said "This is Eagle, about that question you posted". He had taken the time to find my phone number and reach out to help someone who was trying something new. I know this was not the first time he had done this, and reading TribalRR's post above, it was obviously not the last time he did it.

I never had the pleasure of meeting Eagle but I have spent countless hours on the phone and exchanged many e-mails with him talking about segmented pens. A real friendship was starting to develop as we slowly learned about each other, but for the most part we were both content to talk about a shared passion.

I feel blessed to have been able to have shared that time with him. To hear the passion in his voice, to have been constantly challenged by him. I feel priviliged to have been taken under his wing.

In one of Steven Covey's books he talks about man's need "to live, to love, to learn and to leave a legacy".

Eagle did just that.

Blue Skies Forever Eagle.

jedgerton

Shortly after I started turning pens, I admired Eagle's work displayed on this site. I knew very little about turning pens at that time and Eagle frequently provided patient answers to what I now know were some pretty silly questions. I didn't read or take part in whatever happened on the site that led to his departure but I'm reminded of a saying I learned from a High School English teacher:

There is so much bad in the best of us
And so much good in the worst of us
It doesn't behoove any of us to speak poorly about the rest of us

Rest in peace Eagle. Your family and this entire community will be in my prayers.

John

cowchaser

I did not know eagle either and I know some of you where great friends with him. I have admired his work shown on here as well. My condolences to his family and those of you that came to know him.

rdunn12

I never knew him or had any contact with him as he was gone before I became a member.But I have seen many of his blanks and they are without question the most unique and beautiful blanks I have ever seen.Rest in peace Eagle.We are praying for your family in this trying time.

Firefyter-emt

Oh my word... This is very sad newes indeed!!! I too have talked to him for hours on the phone and as others said, the guy was an amazing artist. This is a big loss no only to his family and friends, all the entire pen people as a whole! [V]

Eagle and I had been planning a pen blank for myself too. Sadly I missed my chance to own one of his pen blanks in my collection. :(

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Soar high my friend. I'm gonna miss you.

Here he is explaining the magic
20087575557_Eagle.jpg

Swearing not to reveal his secrets.

20087575718_Sworntosecrecy.jpg

bigvoots44

Good bye eagle. May all of us who never met you get the opportunity to fly with you in the future. I only know you from your presence in the forum and have always admired you for being you. You were the kind of person who made America what it is. Straight up and willing to take it on the chin for your beliefs. Have a good flight and when you arrive at your destination may you find the peace you deserve. My condolences to your family. They have lost a great artist and person.

Fred

Darley

Lou your new is like a bomb shell to me didn't have the time to meet him in person but exchange few emails, Eagle was a fine craftman in a short time on this site he create the most wonderfull pens without any tutorial ( beside 1 ) it was up to us to "" think out of the box "" ( is favorite quote ), my prayers are with is family and friends,

Fly high Eagle, at least we will know that you will overseeing us

Top Bottom