Way Off Topic - Wii

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Scott

In many ways I'm just a crotchety old fart, not particularly inclined towards mind-numbing marathon video-game playing. Oh, when younger I played Pong and dabbled in Pac-Man and Centipeed. But I really haven't been into video games for some time. I figured my thumbs hurt enough as it is, why push them into oblivion with video-game induced repetitive motion disorder!!!

Then through a series of strange events, we tried a Wii at my Nephew's place. No more killer thumb exercise! To play the bowling game (my seven year old great nephew enjoyed beating me by a mile!), you hold the controller in your hand and swing your arm like you are really bowling!

Well, long story short, we bought one. And we have been having a ball with it! My Wife and I have been golfing on it about every-other night. And I won't even take her on in boxing anymore!!! She is the boxing champ! And if you ever wanted to have some good clean fun that just cracks you up, try the cow racing!

The last time we visited my nephew, they had just gotten the Wii Fit. Exercise made fun! I think I could get off on being a big-time slalom skiing champ! And the hula-hoop is downright fun! Now we need one of these toys to go with the Wii, but those wily folks at Nintendo know how to keep demand high, by restricting supply. But never fear, we'll find one someday. We're still looking! In the meantime, I am getting better at bowling, so maybe I can take on my great-nephew again!

So, does anybody else have one of these? What games do you enjoy? What are some other games that are fun to play on the Wii? Does anybody have an inside track on a Wii Fit? :D

Scott.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

rjwolfe3

The wife and I love ours. I had to get the original Wii on EBay so maybe the Wii Fit is there as well. Only electronic game I've played where I broke a sweat and felt muscle sore afterwards. Can't wait to get a Wii Fit as well.

spitfire

I have a Wii as well. Have you played Mario Kart or Super Mario Galaxy or Mario Party 8? Mario Party 8 is a blast, so much fun. It is well worth buying. If anybody has Mario kart PM me your code and I will send mine so we can play online!

txbatons

Just finished playing Guitar Hero with my daughter this afternoon. Love. That. Game.

We also have Game Party (darts, skee ball, hoop shoot and other games), Madden football and a couple of other games.

Wii Fit and Mario Kart are on our list of things to get....after Aerosmith Guitar Hero.

vick

We just got one as well.
Even though I am a computer geek I have never been much of a gamer and it is mostly for my son.

I love the wii sports and me and the boy play Mario Kart. Other then that still looking for good games. One of the good things about the wii is all of the old game cube games play in it as well. A guy at work gave me the Game Cube version of Soul Calibur and it is a pretty cool fighting game. Only played it once so far but it seemed like a pretty good fighter game.

jimmyers

We have one and my 6 year old loves it.

Ok I admit I probably play more than he does. We have a few games but I still like the sports that came with it.

If you want a workout get Mario and Sonic Olympics I was sore for days after playing that one.

gmcnut

Hi all,

I am SURE there is a Wii in our future. Great, there will be one more thing my wife will be able to beat me at. :(

It does look fun and like something that might hold my attention for more than just a few... Oh look! A shiny object. ;)

Scott

Well, I got lucky today! I called the local Game Stop, and they had just gotten in two Wii Fit's! I told my secretary I was running out to buy a Wii Fit, and she ended up going with me and buying the second one! We had planned on working putting up trim at our cabin this weekend, but I have a feeling the Wii is going with us! :D

Mark, you've met my Wife - she just LOVES whooping me at most of the games! We've had a blast with this thing!

I think Mario Party 8 is next on our list. But not too quick - I'm going to have to master the hula-hoop first! [8D]

Scott.

oldelmer1

We also bought a wii the other day from Game Stop. Managed to get the wii fit also. I kept calling them every day to see if they received any. On the 3rd day, I got lucky.

GBusardo

By buddy's daughter has been bugging me to come by and try out the wii. I am a pretty fair bowler and they wanted to see how I would do. After a few games and a few more beers I was about to give up. I went back a few weeks later and played with out the beers. After 5 frames I figured out what to do and the next game I bowled a 268. Mario Cart is also a favorite of mine :)

louie

Get Madden Football. It's a great game. Very realistic play and commentary from John Madden and Al Michaels too. It has practice areas for each major part of the game, running, throwing, etc. A lot of fun. I highly recommend it.

rbeery

We get ours on Monday. I went the e-bay route after several days of having no luck in the stores. I can't wait to try the Wii fitness programs.

My wife use to bowl quite a bit before we got together but was then hit with tennis-elbow. She tried the Wii bowling at some work function and was instantly in love.

To bad there is not a game that would take the place of dieting.

Top Bottom