PITH 2010 PHOTOS

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

indychips

Teaser for ToddLajoie

The pen is done, but here is the teaser that I never uploaded. Send me your address and the pen will be in the mail.

Attachments

• P1000860.jpg
    P1000860.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 193

penmaker1967

pith pen for rfturner and penmaker1967

pics of pen from rfturner to penmaker1967 and pics of pen from penmaker1967 to rfturner was very enjoyable looking forward to next years pith or any other contests that are posted to the group.

todd

Attachments

• Pens2 001.jpg
    Pens2 001.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 188
  • Pens 018.jpg
    Pens 018.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 182
  • Pens 024.jpg
    Pens 024.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 181
  • Pens2 002.jpg
    Pens2 002.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 175
Last edited:

rudy497

I recieved my PITH pen from Mr. Steve Jans, he states that the pen was made as per Butch's Penmakers Challenge instructions. It is made from Juniper and is trimmed in Purple Heart, the fit and finish is awesome. He also sent some blanks, Kingwood, Cocobolo, Zebrawood, and Montana's version of a water supply line( which is twice as thick as the one used here in South Texas) Thank You Mr. Jans, for a very beautiful pen and all the blanks. :)

100_2051.jpg100_2052.jpg100_2055.jpg

Caden_Hrabak

These both are from cathy sue :) I like the blue one the best the clay just looks soo cool.

Attachments

• 100_0386.jpg
    100_0386.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 195
  • 100_0387.jpg
    100_0387.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 172

jskeen

Ok, I give up posting pics from the album!

Mike didn't mention that the dreaded "images" link under all the smilies is INVISIBLE. So I'll just post the same pics here that I put in there.

This is a Jr. Retro fountain pen in one of Georges "ResiFill" blanks. I think it's Bottle Brush tree limbs, filled with red white and blue resin. I've already got it inked, tuned and in it's new spot on my Rack-O-Writers. I also got 29!! extra Aussie blanks to play with. Gotta clean out a drawer in my rollaway for the down under blanks now!

If anybody is thinking about ordering something from George and want's a pic, let me know. I think I got at least one of most of his stock.

Attachments

• myPITH1.JPG
    myPITH1.JPG
    82.5 KB · Views: 164
  • myPITH2.JPG
    myPITH2.JPG
    96.5 KB · Views: 199
  • myPITH3.JPG
    myPITH3.JPG
    111.4 KB · Views: 167
  • myPITH4.JPG
    myPITH4.JPG
    100.7 KB · Views: 193
PITH from Mickey

Here is a Emperor RB sporting a burnt amber body by Exotics. The blank compliments the hardware perfectly and the fit and finish are spot on.
Thanks, Mick.

Attachments

• majestic PITH 2010 006.JPG
    majestic PITH 2010 006.JPG
    42.9 KB · Views: 178
  • majestic PITH 2010 012.JPG
    majestic PITH 2010 012.JPG
    58.8 KB · Views: 155
Last edited:

robutacion

Mike didn't mention that the dreaded "images" link under all the smilies is INVISIBLE. So I'll just post the same pics here that I put in there.

This is a Jr. Retro fountain pen in one of Georges "ResiFill" blanks. I think it's Bottle Brush tree limbs, filled with red white and blue resin. I've already got it inked, tuned and in it's new spot on my Rack-O-Writers. I also got 29!! extra Aussie blanks to play with. Gotta clean out a drawer in my rollaway for the down under blanks now!

If anybody is thinking about ordering something from George and want's a pic, let me know. I think I got at least one of most of his stock.

James,

Thank you for posting the contents of my 2010 PITH contribution to you...!:wink:

Your pics are certainly a lot better than those I took, before it was all sent away.

The blanks that I sent you are far from being close with most of my stock...! :mad-tongue: :biggrin: . In fact the timber list has 44 names, all of them are cut initially in straight cut (with the grain) then, about 35 of them are also cut in diagonal (Z) and cross (X) cuts, making a scary number of 44+35+35=114 different lots of blanks.

Same wood species are stored upright in a crate type plastic box, with a third of each cut type, many have a dedicated box for each cut and each box can fit at least 200 blanks so, I have a few boxes...!:eek::wink:

Then we have the *Gems* of some species, only available under certain conditions, then we have blanks cut from wood that I either swap or found but in very small quantities ( a log or two), small logs that people visiting me bring (most of times, they have no idea what it is...) to exchange to something else they don't have, plus many other bits and pieces that I cut as pen blanks that I doubt I will ever know what they are...! These are not part of my list due to very small quantities. Then we have all of these main species also cut in all sizes square and round blanks, plus the Resifills, the stabilized ones and boxes of cut blanks waiting to be utilized one day...!

There is a bit of selection in all of this, I reckon and a considerable number of them are listed on my eBay store so, plenty of pics there...!:wink::biggrin:

My goal is to cut as much as I can while I can and my spine holds, when the inevitable happens, at least I will have a good stock to last me for some time, while I adapt myself from doing things from a seating down position. I little harder but can be done...!:)

Now, I only need to start seeing some pens made form your Aussie stock...!:wink:

PS: You're right about the type wood used on your PITH pen, it is the #30 Bottle Brush (T) trunk, and not from the tree limbs. There are #30 (R) root and #30 (B) branches (tree limbs...!):wink::biggrin:

Cheers
George

Last edited:

Mickey

This is what Glenn McCullough sent me. Has workmanship is excellent and he even made the clip from wood. It'll be one I keep in my collectors case.
It will certainly be an example of something to shoot for. It's green dyed and stabilized boxwood burl.
Thanks Glenn.

Mickey,
Thanks for taking such fine photos, really helps the pen look good. As a side note, it was made from a Panasche blk chrome rollerball kit. I discarded the flat ends to close them. It is a good, pocket friendly, functional size, now. The clip is ebony, laser cut by Ken Nelson, dremmel cut groove and epoxied in place. Finished in CA and bealle buffed.

broitblat

PITH Pen from Soligen

Here is the delightful pen I received from Dennis Cabell (soligen) along with some nice bonus blanks.

I don't know if my photos do it justice, but Dennis created a custom blank and then designed and created this great pen. I really like the attention to details including the hidden clip and the custom nib -- it all works together very nicely. This pen gets a starring role in my personal collection!

Last edited:

PTownSubbie

Terry,

I think your pen is in there somewhere.....I finished turning it today and should get it sanded and buffed tomorrow.

As soon as you get me your address, it will be on it's way to you.

Attachments

• PITH Teaser.jpg
    PITH Teaser.jpg
    110.1 KB · Views: 174

mbroberg

IAP Activities Manager, Emeritus
SKYWIZZARD's pen

It will be on its way to you soon Wendell!:biggrin:

Attachments

• Pith pen Teaser.JPG
    Pith pen Teaser.JPG
    53.5 KB · Views: 180

CSue

Local Chapter Leader
Caden_Hrabak's Pen for CSue

I got this beauty in the mail today from Caden. This is his PITH Pen for me. I've never seen such a beautiful red acrylic as this - my favorite color. He also sent along some beautiful blanks. Thank you Caden!

witz1976

Phunky_2003's PITH Pen!

So James is going to be out of town and asked that I post his PITH pen(s) The first is the themed pen, Red White & Blue.

The idea for this pen came from our own MasterScroller's Autumn leaf pen. I used Redheart and scrolled out the fish, sea turtles and star fish (I need to work on my scrolling Jeff care to give me lessons :wink:) then cast it into a blue and while polyresin. This was the challenging part as I do not own a pressure pot, so I used heat and vibrations to get most of the bubbles out. (there was a couple where the wood meets the resin) This was a fun pen to make and defiantly added a new style to my pen lineup. (don't worry I will still buy some blanks from the master!)

Enjoy!

Attachments

• PITH 2010 Redwood Resin sealife Acadia Fountain Gold TI smaller.jpg
    PITH 2010 Redwood Resin sealife Acadia Fountain Gold TI smaller.jpg
    19 KB · Views: 125
  • PITH 2010 Redwood Resin sealife Acadia Fountain Gold TI CLOSE UP smaller2.JPG
    PITH 2010 Redwood Resin sealife Acadia Fountain Gold TI CLOSE UP smaller2.JPG
    136.6 KB · Views: 133

Phunky_2003

Witz,

I've come back to look at that a few times when I get a few minutes. That is just absolutely fantastic. I am going to have that bad boy under lock and key. I cant wait to see that in person. Outstanding!

BigShed

Received my PITH parcel from my partner, aggromere.

There were actually 2 pens in there, first one is an Ultra Cambridge in Silver/Gold with a Picasso blank by Jeff Powell. It is a great pen, beautiful kit, great blank and superb fit and finish. Peter has really done this combination proud.

When we first exchanged PMs, Peter asked what my interests were and I happened to mention that I am a Charles Dickens fan and collect various Dickens memorabilia. He obviously used that as his cue for the PITH pen and came up with a Dickens themed pen, again an Ultra Cambridge, this one in Gold/Silver. Unfortunately the parcel seems to have got open in transit, there is USPS tape on it, and the Dickens broke as part of this accident. Peter had made it in to a closed end pen and the end bit was quite thin and it broke off.
I was devastated when I opened the parcel and saw this. Peter has obviously put a lot of thought and effort in to designing this pen and a lot of time in creating it.

At present I have suggested to Peter that if he still has the original gold end bit that he send that to me and I will shorten the blank and fit that to the pen.

Peter also sent some interesting blanks.

The rod in the foreground is 1920's ebonite which was used for fountain pens in those days, There are a couple of Desert Ironwood blanks and a "wassatree" blank
biggrin.gif

I reckon Peter has been very generous to me and I am tickled pink with his effort, thank you Peter.

witz1976

Witz,

I've come back to look at that a few times when I get a few minutes. That is just absolutely fantastic. I am going to have that bad boy under lock and key. I cant wait to see that in person. Outstanding!

Thanks, It was really REALLY hard for me to drop that off the post office this morning. But like the old saying goes, make it once you can make it again. I got a couple new ideas that stemmed from this that are in the works for later this year or first of next.

soligen

Barry (broitblat) sent my this sweet fountain pen. He myst be psychic or something becasue I've been thinking about getting a fountain pen, and he was tuned in psychically to sense that. This is my first fountain pen, courtesy of Barry.

He also sent me some very nice blanks - again very psychic becasue they are all woods I've never turned before - Ive only seem them in pictures prior to today.

THANKS BARRY!!

1_IMG_0168.JPG

1_IMG_0169.JPG

Crickett

I received my PITH pen from lwalden!!! What a wonderful surprise it is, it's a beautiful Jr. Retro in rhodium with segmented casein and Malachite trustone. Lyle said the finish isn't that good but I think it's incredible!!

Thank-you for being my PITH partner, Lyle!!

attachment.php

Attachments

• DSC02564.JPG
    DSC02564.JPG
    76.3 KB · Views: 435

CHEF

pith pen

got one beutiful pen today from Andy (atsowers) wish that I had a good camera but don't have one just now also got some pen blanks as well .
I'am going to Donate the pen for the sick children's hospital for the Leuaemia ward ( my 3 year old grandson has spent the best part of a year there got home Yesterday).
Thank you again Andy.
-----------------------Brian--(CHEF---------:bananen_smilies046:

darcisowers

Brian, here's a picture for you. The mail got it there faster than we were expecting! It's a cigar made of flamewood with Maple segmenting.
pens_DSC6061-smaller.jpg

I've just posted a picture of the pen I received from Wizard, purple haze acrylic on a platinum navigator. THANK YOU Doc, I'm putting yours into the mail today.
darcisowersPITH2010.jpg

madmax89060

pith to madmax89060 from jthompson1995

this is my pith pen from jthompson1995. It is a black ti cigar with some beautiful segmenting. The pen is composed of figured maple and Turkish walnut. He was also kind enough to send the pen with some extra stuffing inside to keep the pen from moving around. :biggrin:
attachment.php

Attachments

• Mikies Pith 018.jpg
    Mikies Pith 018.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 93
  • Mikies Pith 025.jpg
    Mikies Pith 025.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 97
  • Mikies Pith 024.jpg
    Mikies Pith 024.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 90
  • Mikies Pith 007.jpg
    Mikies Pith 007.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 443
  • Mikies Pith 001.jpg
    Mikies Pith 001.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 110

el_d

David Kellers Coco burl

Recieved this beautiful Vail from David Keller for this Years PITH. :biggrin: It is a Very nice piece of cocobolo burl with an excelent fit and finish on this baby..:biggrin:....A burl I have always wanted to get my hands on but never have been fast enough. :redface:
Along with the cocoVail I also recieved some very:),VERY nice packing materials.:biggrin: All or which I dont have and will make a nice addition to my collection. These will be my top shelf blanks, only special kits will even be considered.:rolleyes:

I need to retake these pics, It was a cloudy day :rain: and the pics need more light.

Thank you for the trade David and sorry it took so long to get your stuff out but its in the mail....:wink:

Id post a pic of it but I want you to recieve it first......

Ok here is my PITH to David....

Attachments

• Achilles orancac.jpg
    Achilles orancac.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 101
Last edited:

ThomJ

Well I got a beautiful Zen from Landon today, due to my poor computer skills I onlyn got the picture as far as my album. He also contributed to my "state tree" project, and a whole bunch of other blanks

hunter-27

Passed Away Aug 14, 2013
In Memoriam
Well I got a beautiful Zen from Landon today, due to my poor computer skills I onlyn got the picture as far as my album. He also contributed to my "state tree" project, and a whole bunch of other blanks
I'm no photographer but here is the pic of the zen.

Attachments

• pith pen 00003a.jpg
    pith pen 00003a.jpg
    101.6 KB · Views: 128

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
Here are pictures of the pen that Bob (bhesson) made for me. The first is an elegant American with Orange and purple colors that are associated with a certain University.:biggrin: The second is a cigar in Buckeye burl, Both pens are great. the buckeye is finished with poly and it is as slick as glass. This was the first time I have got to see Buckey burl firsthand. I may have to get a couple of these blanks and make a pen. My granddaugter has already tried to confiscate it.
pithpen2010a.jpg

pithpen2010b.jpg

now the Cigar
pithpen2010c.jpg

pithpen2010d.jpg

louie

Finally completed my PITH pen for cigarman (Tom):biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:.

It will be at the post office on Friday.

Here are some teaser pics. :wink::wink:

Attachments

• red.JPG
    red.JPG
    30 KB · Views: 98
  • white.JPG
    white.JPG
    31.7 KB · Views: 100
  • blue.JPG
    blue.JPG
    39.4 KB · Views: 93
Top Bottom