Transformation Swap

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

firedkm

This is a Pen Transformation Swap, so what you will be doing is sending your partner some materials to use in making the blank for your transformation pen. When you receive the materials you will then try and make a blank using all your creative abilities. After your done you are to send the transformed pen back to your partner. Please read the rules below.

1. You will be required to ship to separate packages. Send materials to your paired partner. Send the transformed pen back to your partner

2. You will be randomly paired up for the swap. Please indicate if you are willing to swap with overseas when you sign up in this thread.

3. Your first package to your partner can contain anything you wish in any amounts you wish. Your partner will then figure out how to use those materials to create a new masterpiece. To save on costs, in particular for the overseas partners, a picture of swap materials can be utilized rather than an actual parcel. Just remember your partner may not be able to get the same materials in their area. If shipping overseas you may have to check custom laws regarding plant material (wood). It may be safer to only ship man made products over seas.

4. Take your time and have fun creating the blanks, we want your creativity, there is no need to hurry. Take the time to try new things and expand you abilities.

5. Everyone WILL need to post a picture of the completed pen they receive in a thread that will be created for this Transformation. The other members of this forum would love to see what we will come up with. If your partner goes missing we will work something out so that everyone receives something.

6. In order to participate your public profile must contain the first and last name, city of residence and you must be available via PM or email.

7. If you haven't followed through in a previous activity, don't enter this one. We will be checking entrants and will disqualify anyone who failed to complete a previous activity.

Sign ups will be open for 2 weeks until April 6th 2012. We will have 3 months to complete your Transformation. July 6th 2012 will be the deadline to have all works of art completed and sent to your partner.

If you would like to join us in this new adventure please PM me your complete name, address, phone number and if you are willing to ship across seas.

This activity has been approved by the Activity Manager.

Last edited by a moderator:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

brownsfn2

This sounds like fun but I am kind of new (less than a year) and not sure what some of these might look like. Are there any photos from the past activities that would give me an idea of how polished my skills need to be? THanks.

Andrew_K99

As I've participated in a similar type of swap [see here] there are a few things that should be noted. Most of the materials swaped were either castable or segmentable. Those not able to cast should make it clear to their partener (or here when signing up). Polymer Clay was also one of the swaps. Allergies, if any, should also be noted. Those signing up should be ready for anything :biggrin:.

Andrew_K99

This sounds like fun but I am kind of new (less than a year) and not sure what some of these might look like. Are there any photos from the past activities that would give me an idea of how polished my skills need to be? THanks.
Have a look at the following threads (from another forum) where the inspiration of this swap came from.

Challange Swap - A Penturner's Paradise
My Pen From Charlie - Swap Challenge - A Penturner's Paradise
Challenge pen from The Alien - A Penturner's Paradise
Challenge Pens By leviblue. - A Penturner's Paradise
Challenge Swap Pen from Andrew_K99 - A Penturner's Paradise
Challenge Swap Pen for Andrew_K99 - A Penturner's Paradise
Super Swap Pen - A Penturner's Paradise
Challenge Pen from firewhatfire - A Penturner's Paradise

AK

firedkm

Ron I would just do it! You will just have to communicate with your trading partner what you are able to do and not do. :eek:

I even have less than a year of turning pens also. I only started back in October I think.......:confused:

BRobbins629

Passed Away Dec 28, 2021
In Memoriam
These should never be about the pen or skill level. Its more about the friends you will make and giving it your best effort whereever on the learning curve you may be. Jump in and have fun!.

I'm in. Not sure what part is more difficult - thinking what to send or making the pen.

juteck

I'm in. PM sent with address and phone number info already.

I've already started thinking about my bag 'o' goodies.........

firedkm

I was asked a question about this swap through a PM.

Does the sending of the original package to my partner include sending a pen kit or is it up to the receiver of the materials to use a pen kit for the pen that is returned?

The answer is.........Just send material to your partner for making a blank only. The partner making the blank is responsible for completing the pen using his pen kit or a kit less pen

firedkm

For the members that are just posting here in the thread saying you are in. Well your not really in until you pm me your full name, address,phone # and if your willing to ship overseas.:airplane:

firedkm

So far we have 23 people signed up. Below are the names I have so far and if your not listed, I never received a pm from you.:eek:

qballizhere
Jim Burr
juteck
seamus7227
Displaced Canadian
BRobbins629
brownsfn2
BSea
jthompson1995
Douglas Feehan
hunter-27
Rounder