Paul Huffman Pen Vise

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

Paul in OKC

Originally posted by RWL5420
<br />Paul
Are you still making the vise ? If you would let me know how many are in the list at this time waiting I would appreciate it.
Thank you
Ron
I do. The list is getting ready to drop to under 70! Shipping 4 more today. Hopefully another 10-15 next Monday!
The way to get on the list is to send me an e-mail.

emackrell

Hi Paul,

While you're checking your list can you let me know where I am in it... so I know whether to start staking out the mailboxes yet or not [;)]

Cheers Eileen[8D]

bnoles

<b></b>I am beside myself [:D][8D][:p][^]

I received an email from Paul a few minutes telling me my number is about to hit #1 position by the first of next week. I could not get to paypal fast enough.

<b></b>YEEHAW

kenwc

Paul...I'm sure you time would be better spent making the vises than telling me where I'm at on the list...but uhm....Where am I on the list...???

Thanks
Ken

BigRob777

Hi Ron,
Got your first post in I see (after you told me about it that is[:D]). Welcome to the best forum on the planet. I got Paul's vise last year and have been extremely happy with it. It's definitely worth the investment, even if you have to wait for it.
Rob

emackrell

WOO HOO! #17, oh frabjous day!

You have no idea what great timing this is... the little cheapie Woodcraft vise I've been using totally failed on me today, chintzy plastic gears jammed and would not budge. Had three of us at the base woodshop trying to "persuade" it with compressed air, WD-40, screwdrivers, etc. About the time somebody suggested I could drill out the rivets on the base plate, take the vise apart and FABRICATE NEW GEARS on one of the metal milling machines, I gave it up as a bad job and went for the vise grips to hold my blanks while I drilled and trimmed them, all the while muttering, "I hope my Paul Huffman vise comes in soon, I hope my Paul Huffman vise comes in soon."

I will be poised with my finger on the Paypal button all week!

cheers Eileen [8D]

reed43

Paul recieved mine the other day, and it is wonderfully nice piece of pen turning equipment. Thank You Much Reed

OKLAHOMAN

Paul, I know your very busy putting together all your orders for all of us but if you get a spare moment could you tell me where I stand and when I pick up my vise can I bring my pen mills to be sharpened?

Paul in OKC

Originally posted by OKLAHOMAN
<br />Paul, I know your very busy putting together all your orders for all of us but if you get a spare moment could you tell me where I stand and when I pick up my vise can I bring my pen mills to be sharpened?
You are standing (or sitting) in Shawnee, right? [:p]
You are in this next batch I am assembling. Yes, bring your pen mills with you. Looks like the middle of next week. I have lost my right hand man at the shop for a spell due to an injury, so it's back to just me again[:(]

steve542

Just received my vise and I am looking forward to using it. I thought it was a coincidence that this morning's big news story was about the folks buying the first new model Sony Playstations after waiting in line for days, and then putting them on ebay for a profit. I waited since early August for my vise, some three and a half months, which really isn't too bad for a handmade item. I waited eight months for a Chris Reeve Sebenzea knife last year. Both items were worth the wait. And no, I won't be selling my Huffman vise on ebay, but you may see a heck of a deal on a Woodcraft pen vise there real soon!

Steve 542 in Atlanta [:)][^]

Paul in OKC

Originally posted by steve542
<br />Just received my vise and I am looking forward to using it. I thought it was a coincidence that this morning's big news story was about the folks buying the first new model Sony Playstations after waiting in line for days, and then putting them on ebay for a profit. I waited since early August for my vise, some three and a half months, which really isn't too bad for a handmade item. I waited eight months for a Chris Reeve Sebenzea knife last year. Both items were worth the wait. And no, I won't be selling my Huffman vise on ebay, but you may see a heck of a deal on a Woodcraft pen vise there real soon!

Steve 542 in Atlanta [:)][^]
Well, at least none of you have come to camp out at my door and make a line down the street[:D]. (BTW, it wouldn't help, but it would make my wife nervous)

RWL5420

I got mine today also, I am so glad I waited for this vise, It looks like a great tool, thanks Paul

emackrell

Paul, my vise got here Friday, and I started playing with it today. Wonderful workmanship and design! It is a joy to use. Thanks for making these!!

cheers Eileen[8D]

tas2181

Woe is me- [:(] mailman came yesterday to deliver and I happened to be gone. Now I have to wait until tomorrow to pick it up. I just have to remember that patience is a virtue.

Managed to pick up my vise at the PO yesterday. Spent the rest of the morning making a mounting board for the drill press (used a piece of nylon cutting board). Found time to turn a pen in the afternoon.
It was worth the wait.

Tom

Paul in OKC

Thanks again for the good words. I am making good progress down the waiting list, got it half knocked out now! 12 more to ship tomorrow, and got 10 plus assembling in the garage, so.....
Thanks again for all the patience. (or at least not showing your impatience[:D])

RogerGarrett

Originally posted by Paul in OKC
<br />Thanks again for the good words. I am making good progress down the waiting list, got it half knocked out now! 12 more to ship tomorrow, and got 10 plus assembling in the garage, so.....
Thanks again for all the patience. (or at least not showing your impatience[:D])

Paul,

I received the vice over a week ago - and am getting ready to figure out a good mount and hope to use it over Thanksgiving break. At first glance, it appears to be far superior to anything on the market. Why are these not being sold nationally/internationally? I would think you could really make a lot of $...........

Thanks again! Worth the wait.[:D][:D][:D]

Best,
Roger Garrett

TBone

CANCEL THANKSGIVING...........OK just postpone it. My vise shipped today and it's coming to the office and mail won't be delivered Thursday, Friday, Saturday or Sunday. Have to wait until Monday to pick it up.[:(]

bnoles

Originally posted by TBone
<br />CANCEL THANKSGIVING...........OK just postpone it. My vise shipped today and it's coming to the office and mail won't be delivered Thursday, Friday, Saturday or Sunday. Have to wait until Monday to pick it up.[:(]

They may not deliver, but I sure would go to the post office to see if I could pick it up Friday or Saturday. [:p][:D]

TBone

They may not deliver, but I sure would go to the post office to see if I could pick it up Friday or Saturday. [:p][:D]

That's a problem. I put my office address because I work out of town 50 miles from home and normally there's no one home to accept a package. Just happened to hit during a holiday [:(] Mail will be deliverd but we'll be closed so they can't deliver here. Oh well, it'll be a nice surprise when I get back on Monday. I'll just suffer the pains of not having it 4 more days. I've waited this long, guess four more wouldn't hurt.

NavyDiver

<br /> I've waited this long, guess four more wouldn't hurt.

Tommy, keep telling yourself that and you may start to believe it.

Just think of that poor vise having to sit in a box all by itself for the long weekend with nobody to appreciate it. [:(]

TBone

Originally posted by NavyDiver
<br />Tommy, keep telling yourself that and you may start to believe it.

Just think of that poor vise having to sit in a box all by itself for the long weekend with nobody to appreciate it. [:(]

Just had to do that didn't you? Just when I almost had myself talked into believing it. 100 miles isn't that far to drive. Done it before haven't I?

NavyDiver

<br />
<br />Tommy, keep telling yourself that and you may start to believe it.

Just had to do that didn't you? Just when I almost had myself talked into believing it. 100 miles isn't that far to drive. Done it before haven't I?

Maybe you should make a practice run to make sure you know where you are going. [}:)][;)]

By the way - big game this weekend between the ACC bottom feeders.
Go Heels, beat Dook!

TBone

<br /> Maybe you should make a practice run to make sure you know where you are going. [}:)][;)]

Go Heels, beat Dook!

LOL I've done that before too [:D]

Oh and about the ballgame, it's go DUKE! Although I don't follow Duke football much, have to stick with my Pirates. Basketball is different story, but you can rub that in after last night too. Now if I could just get this guy [}:)] to be blue

NavyDiver

<br />
<br /> Maybe you should make a practice run to make sure you know where you are going. [}:)][;)]

Go Heels, beat Dook!

LOL I've done that before too [:D]

Oh and about the ballgame, it's go DUKE! Although I don't follow Duke football much, have to stick with my Pirates. Basketball is different story, but you can rub that in after last night too. Now if I could just get this guy [}:)] to be blue

A few more games like last night and he may turn blue on his own [B)].

But, we are way off topic [:p]. How's that new vice doing? Oh yeah, it's still in it's box [:eek:)] [:D].

Tubby

Paul,

Forgot to post here, but I received my vise and am waiting to mount it now [:D][:D][:D]

Thanks again for having such a great product!!

Ed Jordan
Wichita Falls TX

TomKitten

I just received my official Paul Huffman pen vise, and it just may be the most beautiful and functionally perfect thing that's ever gone in to, or even come out of, my shop.

Those of you who have one already know this, but to those of you still on the waiting list: it's worth the wait, and it would be worth the money if it were twice the price.

Once they legalize such things, I intend to marry it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom