Zip code?? Please answer the poll--THANKS!! Ed

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Would you be willing to tell IAP your zip code?

• Yes, I would love to meet other penturners.

Votes: 294 96.7%
  • No--good luck finding me!

Votes: 9 3.0%
  • I got a better idea, which I have explained in the thread!

Votes: 1 0.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

magpens

Canada V3J 4X6 .... that's my postal code. Can your system handle that ?

Yes, I would love to meet other penturners.

oneleggimp

Grosse Pointe Park, Michigan 48230 United States o
The Chapter "steering committee" is becoming aware of the difficulties of keeping a chapter going and growing. One of the major roadblocks is the lack of information about where our members live (in generalities, not your house number!!)

One thing we are considering is ASKING for your zip code. We realize some will see that as "an invasion of privacy" or "removing your anonymity". Yes, it is. So, do you object to that or would you like to meet with other local penturners? Do you have a better way for us to know who is close to whom??

Thanks for any comments and your participation in the poll!!

Ed and the IAP steering committee!!

Dont see that as an "Invasion of privacy" at all. 48230:biggrin:

BJohn

This thread has been going around for what 2 years now. With out reading every single response. The over whelming response of 97% in the poll is in favor. In any society or organization that qualifies as a (landslide vote).

SO WHAT ARE WE WAITING FOR!

here is mine 72023

Brian Frank

Yep, 73507.

Now how about one of those interactive maps that has dots representing all the members and you can click on an area which displays all the members in the area or near-by zip codes. It wouln'd need to be narrowed down to actual addresses. If I click on Oklahoma it would show a bunch of dots that I could click on that would then show the members name in their respective zip code. Like they do for different brand stores.

That would work. I travel up and down the West coast in my RV. Once I retire in a few years I plan on traveling to the east coast and everywhere along the way. Would be nice to know who is near by along my travels. Trade some ideas and learn some new ones in person.

San Francisco bay area. 94564

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom