YoYo Pendant

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from YoYoSpin

YoYoSpin

OK, I'm in - SHMBO demands pendants. Here's number three - osage orange with a little offset embellishment, using the Joyner backer plate:

1_pendant_3a.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Daniel

Thanks for posting these Ed. I have spent the last few days getting my kids set up to make these. I ordered the mandrel and some corian to start them out. I have been trying to explain to them what the mandrel will allow them to do and these are a couple of great examples. Not like actually getting the mandrel will do though. My daughter won't leave the shop as it is now. We made a few home made backer plates and she has been turning practice stuff for the last two days. I don't know what time she came in last night but she was in the shop until 11:00 the night before. and that was just to practice. once the Deluxe backer plate arrives I will never see her again.

gallianp

Nice pendant -- I really like OO...

I posted in the help forum a question about what tool to use making grooves.

I understand the indexer.. I assume the first posted pendant was using the indexer?

What tool ? presented how (angle etc.)

mine looks like jumpy train tracks. can't keep it in the same groove.

using sharp very pointe small bowl gouge on corian.

paul

YoYoSpin

Paul,

For the pendant shown in the photo below, first turn in round and sand completely. Then offset using a new backer plate 3/8" x 16tpi hole and drill/finish the necklace hole. After that's done, re-index the secondary metal plate 180 degrees. Finally, using a skew, gently plunge the point into the piece where you want the "horns" embellishment to be.

1_pendant_3a.jpg

gallianp

Thanks -- I like the embellishments better than the plain disk..

I will give it another try -- maybe another and another until it look decent :)

paul

Top Bottom