Yellow Box Burl

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Gary Max

Gary Max

It's been months since I started this.
The Burl is from my friend Nolan---thanks for all the trouble you went to shipping this monster.
It is Yellow Box Burl----This will be a center piece at our next Art show.
The dollar bill gives you some ideal just how big this is.
Finish is a nice Danish Oil that has been buffed out.

20071211203058_nolanone.jpg

2007121120321_nolan2.jpg

20071211203259_nolan3.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Nolan

Very nice Gary!! I still think the Australian box burls (YELLOW, GREY, RED) are some of the most overlooked burls to come out of AU. As your bowl shows they have some really nice figure and color. BTW dont drop that on your foot as it will definatly hurt (you not the bowl) ;)

R2

That is a nice bowl.:):)[^] You have brought out the characteristics very well.
Just a note on Yellow Box (Eucalyptus Meliodara): it is one of our most sort after trees for the apiary industry as it produces prolific quantities of high quality honey and the bees are very calm when working it. It is also much sort after as firewood becuase it burns weel with a hot flame.

IPD_Mrs

Nolan is just plain tape happy. Everytime we get blanks from him, it takes just about as long to get the tape off as it does for the post office to deliver.[:0]

But you know what....It's woth it!:D

Nolan

Originally posted by MLKWoodWorking

Nolan is just plain tape happy. Everytime we get blanks from him, it takes just about as long to get the tape off as it does for the post office to deliver.[:0]

But you know what....It's woth it!:D

LOL tape is cheap........ I lost part of an order of blanks once as the PO tore the package. I told my self no more as I cant always just go pick a few more to send out[}:)] Well when I get back at it I will offer that line of blank too. I need a catchy name like econo line:D

Top Bottom