First Bottle Stopper

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from karlkuehn

karlkuehn

Banned
Thought I'd try my hand at a stopper. Nice break from pens! This is obviously some of my box elder, with a kit from Woodcraft. Mighta got a little out of hand with the turning and burning, but doggone it I was having fun! heh

StopperBoxElderBurl1_1.jpg

StopperBoxElderBurl1_2.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Aderhammer

Nice, I've done 2 of these so far.
I just don't like Wood craft's set up using a drill chuck w/ the mandrel. So i'm waiting for my mandrel to get back from my uncle. He's making a piece that screws on to the spindle as an accessory and then there's a hole a thousand of an inch bigger and a set screw to hold the mandrel in there.

denaucoin

Absoutely beautiful. Can you give me a tip on how to make the burn mark, it is something I have not tried yet.
I could not make enough of these to sell this year at Christmas. Keep up the good work. Dennis

karlkuehn

Banned
Originally posted by denaucoin

Absoutely beautiful. Can you give me a tip on how to make the burn mark, it is something I have not tried yet.
I could not make enough of these to sell this year at Christmas. Keep up the good work. Dennis

Hi Dennis! The burn lines are turned with KC Wire Burners, basically they're short piano strings with wood balls attached at both end to hold on to. I got mine at Woodturningz.com, but most of the suppliers have them or the equivalent, they're pretty cheap, like $10 if I remember right. :)

Top Bottom