YARD WASTE

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

wood-of-1kind

This is not a reminder to recycle your waste but you can have fun with it and put it to good use. The following pens are not some of my better work but nonetheless I just wanted to serve a reminder to 'waste not, want not'. The pens are made out of yard clippings (fig and grapevine) that are normally clipped and pruned to encourage better growth for these fruit bearing vine/tree. Bon appetit.
-Peter-
2006520194458_ficus.jpg

2006520194525_ficus2.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Now you gotta explain. Fig & Canada? I live in NC and it is a chore to keep a fig tree alive in the yard. When the tempereture gets below 20°F it will kill the tree back to the ground and you got to start all over again from the ground up. What kind of fig are you growing in the yard in Canada, I want one!

wood-of-1kind

Mac, fig trees are very sensitive to frost. Our fig trees are housed within a greenhouse that is owned by my father-in-law. As an aside, when my dad was living, he used to 'bury' his fig plant prior to winter and then unearth it come spring. This worked fine but once it grew to a certain height this method became impossible. You would be surprised how many fig trees are cultivated and kept going by the Italian community that is prevalent in Toronto, Canada. Very tasty fruit trees if you can keep them alive.

-Peter-

And here Mike made fun of me because I stopped on the side of the road and loaded up some Magnolia wood from where someone cut down a perfectly good tree! LOL

I think they ARE nice pens and I, too, am a graduate, Magna Cum Laude (thank you) of Wastenot Univeristy!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom