"Writing Instruments" Term

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

islandturner

I've come across the term "writing instruments" a couple of times today. Makes me smile whenever I see it -- reminds me of our society's tendency to 'fancy language'.

I have a modest suggestion -- how about a "Digitally Manipulated Liquid Pigment Applicator"? :wink:

What else...? Should be easy to 'top' that .... :biggrin:

Steve

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

hilltopper46

I've come across the term "writing instruments" a couple of times today. Makes me smile whenever I see it -- reminds me of our society's tendency to 'fancy language'.

I have a modest suggestion -- how about a "Digitally Manipulated Liquid Pigment Applicator"? :wink:

What else...? Should be easy to 'top' that .... :biggrin:

Steve

Not to be confused with a "Digitally Manipulated Graphite Pigment Applicator" (pencil).

PenMan1

Great suggestion..... Then we could have manual orbitally rotating digitally manipulated liquid applicators (ballpoints)and applicators with helicoidal sealing mechanisms (capped pens)diven by positive flow gravity-fed spherical pigment delivery devices (rollerballs) and I could just make fountain pens. :)

Mark

You know in order to text it, you now have to come up with an abbreviated version too..... :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

GaryMadore

Inditing Implement?

Pigment Putter?

Stylophile Satiater?

It's likely just me, but I find the term "writing instrument" pretentious. Too, the word "instrument" implies that a certain skill is required in order to use the device; methinks this is not only pretentious but, if true, then includes the lowly Bic, as the physical act of writing differs little based on the stick involved. I don't like the term in much the same way that the term "pre owned" makes me roll my eyes - it's an inexplicable visceral thing. But then again, I'm just a simple man... more of a "doodling device" kind of guy ;)

Cheers!

Gary

Top Bottom