Woven Glass Trivet

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Bob Wemm

Bob Wemm

I've had a lot of fun with this, only 5 failed attempts to get the glass bent correctly.:redface:
The Trivet is 6in square and the four colours woven and then fused to clear glass.
This is a VERY FIRST for me, but has been done by others many times.
The last photo is the underside, just to prove that it has been woven.

Hope you like it, and thanks for looking.
C&C welcome as usual.

Bob.:)

Attachments

• 004.JPG
    004.JPG
    118.6 KB · Views: 210
  • 005.JPG
    005.JPG
    112.1 KB · Views: 161
  • 008.JPG
    008.JPG
    105.2 KB · Views: 182
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

walshjp17

Cool! I imagine this was a fun project. Is the canted black stripe (third from right/bottom in first/second photo) a design feature or part of the learning curve?:biggrin:

sbell111

I'm having a bit of trouble working my brain around how you did it. Did you have to bend each stripe seperately and then weave them together for the final merge together with the clear glass?

Bob Wemm

Cool! I imagine this was a fun project. Is the canted black stripe (third from right/bottom in first/second photo) a design feature or part of the learning curve?:biggrin:

No, not part of the design, that is what happens sometimes after you close the kiln lid and turn on the power. From that point on things happen out of your control.

Bob.

Bob Wemm

I'm having a bit of trouble working my brain around how you did it. Did you have to bend each stripe seperately and then weave them together for the final merge together with the clear glass?

The red and black strips are bent and then the yellow and white strips are fed through the bends. The trick is to get the bends right without distorting the 1/16th strips.

Bob.:)

PR_Princess

No, not part of the design, that is what happens sometimes after you close the kiln lid and turn on the power. From that point on things happen out of your control.

Bob.

Bob, I don't know if you have tried it, but I used to use a product called GlasTac made by Bullseye. It's been a while since I have done warm glass, but I think they still make it. :confused:
For me at least, the stuff worked absolute wonders for keeping pieces in place.

Bob Wemm

Bob.

Bob, I don't know if you have tried it, but I used to use a product called GlasTac made by Bullseye. It's been a while since I have done warm glass, but I think they still make it. :confused:
For me at least, the stuff worked absolute wonders for keeping pieces in place.

Hi Dawn,
Thanks for that info.
I have used Glas-tac but as usual I didn't bother on this occasion, there were a couple of spots that I thought might move so I glued them but never did the whole lot.:redface:
I guess that I am a slow learner. LOL.

Bob.

Top Bottom