Would these work with resin?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ldb2000

It says they are made from thin wall foam so I would think they will melt . Anything made of styrene will melt from PR . I use simple paper cups , get them in your local supermarket , 120+ for $3 . Wax coated will work but the regular paper cups are the cheapest . There is no real need to transfer from one cup to another , pour your resin into the paper cup , add your pigment , stir well then wait for the bubbles to rise and pop . Then add your hardener and mix slowly without creating any new bubbles .

navycop

It says they are made from thin wall foam so I would think they will melt . Anything made of styrene will melt from PR . I use simple paper cups , get them in your local supermarket , 120+ for $3 . Wax coated will work but the regular paper cups are the cheapest . There is no real need to transfer from one cup to another , pour your resin into the paper cup , add your pigment , stir well then wait for the bubbles to rise and pop . Then add your hardener and mix slowly without creating any new bubbles .
So your saying the regular paper cups are fine? I am new to this and trying to gain insight from people who have failures and success with certain supplies. I guess I can figure the rest out on my own.

ldb2000

I've been using the store brand paper cups for over three years without a single failure . If your using a water bath to warm your resin you might want to use a plastic coated paper cup or wax coated cup . I don't like the wax coated cups because stirring the resin can scrape off the wax , it never hurt any blanks I poured but why take the chance .
I go through allot of cups , sometimes 3 or 4 for a single multi color blank , the paper cups are the most economical cups for mixing .

soligen

I heat/ultrasonic my resin, and have has issue with wax coated cups. I could see little pieces of melted wax in the resin. They still cast, but I think those little peices of wax end up doing the same thing as air bubbles.

I found recycle code 5 cups at the dollar store, which I'v had no problem with.

Top Bottom