Woodworking Show in California

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnathan

I went yesterday to the woodworking show, but was a little disappointed. I did find a set of Micromesh for $50.00! Yeah right! and even the "rare" Amboyna Burl pen blank for $9.00! Again, yeah right.

I was happy to get a deal at the Craft Supply booth on some new Henry Taylor tools. I also watched a great demo using the Legacy Ornamental Mill. Enduro Poly was there, so I bought some of that (never used it before). I also enjoyed speaking to the laser guy, is there a laser in my future? Who knows, a little pricey.

Now, get this, there was a bunch of useless crap being sold, can you imagine that? Just picture all of the money being spent on specialty items that will just collect dust for the rest of time!

After paying to get in, and paying for parking, there was $20.00 down the drain. I don't mind spending the money, if the deals are great or even just good, but when I can spend 5 minutes on the net and find better deals, that's when I start staying home from these shows. The other demos were OK I guess, but nothing really up my alley.

I don't really know why I'm posting this, but it is "Casual Conversation." Has anyone else had the same experience at these show this year? Just wondering[8D]

alamocdc

Yes, Johnathan, I experienced the same thing at the show in Columbus in January. I bought two things I really needed, but the best thing about the show is that I met up with a couple other Ohio penturners whom I hadn't previously met.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom