ambrosia tiger

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

Woodnknots

I used a small scrap of my ambrosia tiger maple to make this, it's only a few inches tall. I caught the edge of the "tiger", this maple is GORGEOUS stuff. The owner of my local woodcraft is wanting some. Even offered me a generous discount on a Kell coring system...

20064702215_ambriger.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

gerryr

Beautiful piece of wood and also a nice job with the turning. Where can you get Ambrosia Tiger Maple? I ordered a fairly large chunk of Ambrosia Maple from CSUSA and I think the Ambrosia beetle only flew by the tree, but never landed.[:(]

Woodnknots

Originally posted by gerryr
<br />Beautiful piece of wood and also a nice job with the turning. Where can you get Ambrosia Tiger Maple? I ordered a fairly large chunk of Ambrosia Maple from CSUSA and I think the Ambrosia beetle only flew by the tree, but never landed.[:(]
I have a whole tree of it waiting to be milled into lumber. Other than that I don't know where you could get it. I happened upon it. Good luck I guess.

Woodnknots

Originally posted by dubdrvrkev
<br />Very nice! Going to have any bowl blanks from that tree? I'd be very interested in one.
Actually, I have lots of bowl blanks from this tree, but I'm being sort of stingy with it right now. The most I've been willing to part with so far has been 2" sq. pieces about 6" long. Doghouse may be willing to part with some of his share, you could ask him. I have a long section of branch that I'm going to cut some smaller bowl blanks from, I'll see how much of the tiger striping is in that branch (it's pretty heavy in most of the branches), and then see how much people are willing to pay for a 6" x 6" x 2" bowl blank. It's really got to be worth it for me to part with any large pieces of this.
My local woodcraft owner is offering me significant discounts off of tools for some of this stuff. I'm even mulling that over.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom