Wolverine specs

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

KenV

Mine is about twice as long as it needs to be for an 8 incb grinder --- but I suppose you were looking for a numeric length answer

lorbay

I made my own as well and the long arm I made mine 24". I have a few long handled tools that need that length.

Lin.

Mac

27 and half with the V welded on top. U owe me I just walked out in the freezing rain to measure for you LOL

glycerine

I made my own as well and the long arm I made mine 24". I have a few long handled tools that need that length.

Thanks.

U owe me I just walked out in the freezing rain to measure for you LOL

Thanks, you didn't have to do that!!

I don't know if you have seen this already, but I made mine (roughly) from this design.
http://aroundthewoods.com/sharpening01.html

I have seen that one and several others. I know lathe tools and chisels aren't that heavey, but I just kept thinking that a steel unit would be more sturdy and resist warping over time.

http://shapewood.co.uk/Documents/sharpe1.PDF

This is probably the best one I've seen out of all the DIY type systems. His Vari-grind clone is amazing...especially for wood. The only problem is that with the amount of wood in the system, if you haven't already purchased the Baltic Birch, your close to the price of the wolverine.

I saw that the other day when I was doing some reseacrh. I might just break down and buy the vari-grind jig. But the base and v-arm looked simple enough to make myself and the steel square tubing was pretty cheap... now I just need to find someone who can weld for me... or do you guys think that jb-weld would hold?!

jleiwig

I saw that the other day when I was doing some reseacrh. I might just break down and buy the vari-grind jig. But the base and v-arm looked simple enough to make myself and the steel square tubing was pretty cheap... now I just need to find someone who can weld for me... or do you guys think that jb-weld would hold?!

If you slip the muffler guy $5 or $10 bucks they usually do a good job of welding on a slow day.

http://shapewood.co.uk/Documents/sharpe1.PDF

This is probably the best one I've seen out of all the DIY type systems. His Vari-grind clone is amazing...especially for wood. The only problem is that with the amount of wood in the system, if you haven't already purchased the Baltic Birch, your close to the price of the wolverine.

Funny you should post that. I mailed Jean Michel, 2 or 3 times about the plans on his website just before he died a few years back. His wife kept his site up for a year as a memorial then took it down, we lost a lot of knowledge when he passed.

Top Bottom