Wolverine Jig Help

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

dhallnc

I would like to speak with someone who has the Wolverine Grinding Jig. I bought
a slow speed grinder & the jig. I am having trouble figuring out how to mount it.

If someone would be willing to speak with me over the phone, I can call long distance for free.

Thanks
Darryl

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

micharms

Darryl:
I have the older style wolverine so it might not mount exactly the same way. I don't know whether or not when you bought it there was a picture of it but if you follow this link to Oneway it may give you the info you need.

http://oneway.ca/sharpening/grind_jig.htm

If you think I can be of more help PM me and I'll send you my phone number but I am all the way up here in Wintry Canada:eek:

Michael

micharms

I'd make them as square and centred as possible or else it could affect your sharpening. Of course if you have the dressing jig then it will true the wheels to the bases.

Michael

Last edited:

micharms

I was right in the middle of a reply to you and my computer crashed. Glad I have an iPad to go to.

I know that mine aren't perfectly square but I do have the dresser. I think you'll know pretty quickly when you start to sharpen whether or not you are going to have a problem. You do need to dress the wheels or you may have an uneven surface that causes your tool to bounce and makes sharpening difficult.

JimB

I just got my Wolverine 2 weeks ago and mounted it. Yes, you want it centered and squared the best you can get it. If it isn't squared to the wheel then you will be on an angle to the wheel and will not have an even grind on each side of your tool. You also need to dress the new wheels otherwise your tools will spend a lot of time bouncing instead of being sharpened.

I took my time mounting everything so I wouldn't need to do it again.

PM me if you want to talk on the phone. I can call you (free for me as well) or you can call me.

Top Bottom