RESULTS Winners of the 2022 BIRTHDAY BASH - Youth Pen Making Contest

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Mr Vic

Once again, this year, all contestants did an outstanding job! Parents and mentors have a good reason to be Proud!

In 3rd place is Entry #6
"For my hero, my Dad." made Hannah Rengo, age 10 daughter of Rick Holihan Username: More Grumpy

Hannah wins a BOB from napagibb (Steve Gibbons}
Description: Salute The troops kit (by PSI). Desert Storm ribbon blank, (Exotic Blanks). Lathe turned and micro-mesh polished. Four coat Glue Boost finish and One Step polished.

Entry 06-a.jpg

In 2nd place is Entry #4
"Caribbean Shore." made Kara Stolicky, age 10 daughter of Chris Stolicky Username: stolicky

Kara wins a BOB from kronewi (Kevin Kronewitter)
Description: Chrome and Gun Metal Diplomat kit dressed in a Brown Marlee Burl surrounded by swirled blue and green Alumilite. Kara cut, drilled, painted the inside the blank white, used a spindle roughing gouge, assisted with CA glue, dry and wet sanded numerous times, and polished. Dad assembled.

Entry 04-a.JPG

In 1st place is Entry #3
"Starry Night Shotgun." made Cainan Strangfeld, age 17 son of Scott Strangfeld Username: woodwzrd
Cainan wins a Silver Pen Kit from Silver Pen Parts $100 (Michael Redburn)
Description: This Shotgun Roller ball is wrapped in blue died and stabilized buckeye burl from a prize box from last year's youth pen contest. After turning, it was sanded to 600 grit paper then finished with Yorkshire Grit polishing paste. It was 100% completed by the youth entrant with no adult supervision.

Entry 03-c.jpg

In addition to the prizes, for the 1st​ through 3rd​ place Winners, all entrants will receive a BOB from me. Great Job everyone.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

More Grumpy

Just a correction, Hannah came in third and she is my granddaughter, not daughter. As I'm 70 years old I appreciate the fact that I get to send her home at the end of the day.... it's hard to keep up!!!
My other granddaughter, McKenna, 8 years old, did pen #7, "Sharing A Book". She will be donating this pen to our local Youth Library to be used as a prize for the summer reading program. Dad was very impressed (and maybe a little choked up) to receive his Salute The Troops pen.
Thanks to all who voted and supported this contest, we had a blast participating and looking forward to continuing our turning journey!

Top Bottom